From: address@not.available (R.Wieser)
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
Subject: SysListView32 LVS_ICON LVS_OWNERDATA and a search-by-keyboard problem
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 18:19:39 +0200
 by: R.Wieser - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 16:19 UTC

Hello all,

I've got a listview in LVS_ICON and LVS_OWNERDATA mode. The problem is
that grabbing all "icons" in view and actually displaying them costs a bit
of time, which interrupts the search-by-keyboard capabilities of the
listview. In other words:

When I type the first character the LVN_ODFINDITEM notification is send
*with that single character*, causing the listview to update itself (taking
some time) - and than accept what *should* be the the next character as a
first character again.

IOW, I can only search for the first character of the "filename". :-(

The/my question:
Is there a build-in method to hold-off the LVN_ODFINDITEM notification
message until no key has been pressed for some time (allowing it to gather
more than one typed character) ?

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Re: SysListView32 LVS_ICON LVS_OWNERDATA and a search-by-keyboard problem

<s9iudn$7e8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=180&group=comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32#180

From: address@not.available (R.Wieser)
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 18:51:02 +0200
 by: R.Wieser - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 16:51 UTC

> The/my question:
> Is there a build-in method to hold-off the LVN_ODFINDITEM notification
> message until no key has been pressed for some time (allowing it to gather
> more than one typed character) ?

... or perhaps increase the time-out of the involved listview so its a bit
longer than the time it takes to redraw its contents (so it will append the
second+ chars to the first) ...

Regards,
Rudy Wieser