Newsgroups: comp.lang.javascript
From: ap_prog@hotmail.com (Andrew Poulos)
Subject: Converting PPTX
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 21:28:08 +1000
 by: Andrew Poulos - Wed, 8 Sep 2021 11:28 UTC

There's this
<https://github.com/mwilliamson/mammoth.js/>
which "is designed to convert .docx documents, such as those created by
Microsoft Word, Google Docs and LibreOffice, and convert them to HTML."

I tried it and it seems to do what it says it can.

After my "success" with it I tried to find something that will convert
Microsoft's PowerPoint presentations (*.pptx) to HTML.

The minimum I would need it to do would be to get the text and the
images (formatting of the text would be nice but I don't need the text
to be positioning to be retained).

I tried PPTX2HTML
<https://github.com/g21589/PPTX2HTML>
and while their example worked I couldn't get it to work with my files
and the last commit was in 2017.

Also PPTXjs
<https://github.com/meshesha/PPTXjs>
seems to miss some images and text, and stops processing after about 50
slides.

Does anyone know of a better one?

Andrew Poulos

devel / comp.lang.javascript / Converting PPTX