From: spibou@gmail.com (Spiros Bousbouras)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
Subject: A mistake on the CLHS page for DEFGENERIC
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 10:49:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Spiros Bousbouras - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 10:49 UTC

CLHS gives {
option::= (:argument-precedence-order parameter-name+) |
(declare gf-declaration+) |
(:documentation gf-documentation) |
(:method-combination method-combination method-combination-argument*) |
[...]
method-combination-name---a symbol naming a method combination type.
}

The line
(:method-combination method-combination method-combination-argument*) |
should have been
(:method-combination method-combination-name method-combination-argument*) |

By the way , I remember seeing many years ago a web page or wiki or something
which collected in one place all the errata in CLHS. But I couldn't find it
in my bookmarks. Does this ring a bell with anyone ? If not , perhaps we could
set something up. Even a recurring post on this group collecting in one place
all the errata would be useful.

--
and that Inductive Reasoning, which has long been the glory of Science, will
have ceased to be the scandal of Philosophy?

Re: A mistake on the CLHS page for DEFGENERIC

<87ee1ymw7y.fsf@wyrd.be>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=17043&group=comp.lang.lisp#17043

From: mal@wyrd.be (Lieven Marchand)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
Subject: Re: A mistake on the CLHS page for DEFGENERIC
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 13:17:53 +0200
 by: Lieven Marchand - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 11:17 UTC

https://www.cliki.net/ANSI%20Clarifications%20and%20Errata

--
Laat hulle almal sterf. Ek is tevrede om die wêreld te sien brand en die vallende
konings te spot. Ek en my aasdier sal loop op die as van die verwoeste aarde.