From: Muttley@dastardlyhq.com
Newsgroups: comp.unix.programmer
Subject: MacOS and IP4 multicasting
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 10:38:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Muttley@dastardlyhq.com - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 10:38 UTC

Googling around it seems Apple have been playing fast and loose with their
implementation of IP multicasting, particularly with IP4. Some code I've
written and works fine on Linux consistently fails with "Can't assign requested
address" on MacOS.

Has anyone else successfully got multicasting C/C++ code to work on Macos
and if so whats the trick? I've already tried .s_addr = INADDR_BROADCAST,
didn't work.