Newsgroups: comp.protocols.dicom
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 09:29:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cloud Storage for DICOM
From: m.alruqimi@gmail.com (Mohammed Alruqimi)
 by: Mohammed Alruqimi - Fri, 30 Jul 2021 16:29 UTC

I'm planning to start a teleradiology business (Cloud PCAS), just like PostDicom, where health centers around the country upload their medical images such as DICOM to the cloud to be processed by remote radiologists. I spent two weeks searching about cloud storage options. I think there two main things to consider: the cloud storage and the sync/transfer big files to the cloud. I cant choose among Azure Blob, Google Cloud, Dropbox ..etc. I explored MS Azure and I think it is suitable but a little bit expensive and add network bandwidths to the bill. I'm wondering if I can simply storage DICOMs on a Dropbox account and access to them from my web application? I mean, are there limitations in performance or something else when use pure cloud storage rather than Azure and Amazon in such business? any advices would be appreciated please.