Any program which runs right is obsolete.

devel / comp.lang.lisp / Is anyone with a copy of The AI-Workbench, BABYLON by Christaller, Thomas '92; willing to PDF-share it?

SubjectAuthor
* Is anyone with a copy of The AI-Workbench, BABYLON by Christaller,Peri Didaskalou
`* Re: Is anyone with a copy of The AI-Workbench, BABYLON by Christaller, Thomas '9Tom Russ
 `* Re: Is anyone with a copy of The AI-Workbench, BABYLON byPeri Didaskalou
  `* Re: Is anyone with a copy of The AI-Workbench, BABYLON by Christaller, Thomas '9wolfman jack
   `- Re: Is anyone with a copy of The AI-Workbench, BABYLON byPeri Didaskalou

1
Is anyone with a copy of The AI-Workbench, BABYLON by Christaller, Thomas '92; willing to PDF-share it?

<AywnJ.77078$iq.15149@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=16710&group=comp.lang.lisp#16710

Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
From: pfd@torfree.net (Peri Didaskalou)
Subject: Is anyone with a copy of The AI-Workbench, BABYLON by Christaller,
Thomas '92; willing to PDF-share it?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 14:40:14 -0500
 by: Peri Didaskalou - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 19:40 UTC

Greetings All,

I've searched everywhere for both a physical or PDF copy of this title:

"The AI-Workbench BABYLON: An open and portable development environment
for expert systems", Academic Press, London, 1992, ISBN 0-12-174235-0
by Christaller, T., Di Primio, F., Vo', A. (eds).

If no-one with a copy is willing to scan it to an e-book format for
about $150 from me, I don't suppose there someone willing to lend me
theirs, by allowing me to pay for the shipping both ways, and also pay
you for your time/effort and materials to pack and send it.

Sincerely,
Peri Didaskalou

Re: Is anyone with a copy of The AI-Workbench, BABYLON by Christaller, Thomas '92; willing to PDF-share it?

<d7418fcf-5b21-42bf-b8e1-b7bff3cf3ae3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=16730&group=comp.lang.lisp#16730

Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 15:16:46 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Is anyone with a copy of The AI-Workbench, BABYLON by Christaller, Thomas '92; willing to PDF-share it?
From: taruss@google.com (Tom Russ)
 by: Tom Russ - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 23:16 UTC

On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 11:40:21 AM UTC-8, Peri Didaskalou wrote:
> I've searched everywhere for both a physical or PDF copy of this title:
>
> "The AI-Workbench BABYLON: An open and portable development environment
> for expert systems", Academic Press, London, 1992, ISBN 0-12-174235-0
> by Christaller, T., Di Primio, F., Vo', A. (eds).

I don't happen to have a copy, but if all you need is the code, it appears you can find that
here: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/areas/expert/systems/babylon/
(Although I haven't downloaded that).

Another option might be to try Emailing the authors directly to see if they have a copy.

Re: Is anyone with a copy of The AI-Workbench, BABYLON by Christaller, Thomas '92; willing to PDF-share it?

<k0RpJ.96183$7D4.95951@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=16734&group=comp.lang.lisp#16734

Subject: Re: Is anyone with a copy of The AI-Workbench, BABYLON by
Christaller, Thomas '92; willing to PDF-share it?
Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
From: pfd@torfree.net (Peri Didaskalou)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 15:35:24 -0500
 by: Peri Didaskalou - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 20:35 UTC

On 2021-11-30 6:16 p.m., Tom Russ wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 11:40:21 AM UTC-8, Peri Didaskalou wrote:
>> I've searched everywhere for both a physical or PDF copy of this title:
>>
>> "The AI-Workbench BABYLON: An open and portable development environment
>> for expert systems", Academic Press, London, 1992, ISBN 0-12-174235-0
>> by Christaller, T., Di Primio, F., Vo', A. (eds).
>

> I don't happen to have a copy, but if all you need is the code, it appears you can find that
> here: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/areas/expert/systems/babylon/
> (Although I haven't downloaded that).
>
> Another option might be to try Emailing the authors directly to see if they have a copy.

Thanks Tom,
Yes, I had found that CMU repository. That's where I noticed the books
listed, related to the project. The only place I found Christaller,
Thomas was at ResearchGate.com. However, the hobby status of my project
and my lack of scientific credentials, I suppose is the reason I didn't
qualify for an account there. It appears Christaller has most if not all
of the book available electronically there.
Since I posted my this message, I managed to score a copy of the second,
mentioned title: _CONSAT: A System for Constraint Satisfaction_('89).
by Hans Werner Güsgen. It's quite good in describing a 'constraint'
strategy, which is used in Babylon; as it specifically points out.

So, I'm well enough on my way with the project source and this
earlier reference.

I appreciate your reply in so much as it reminded me that I hadn't
looked for the other co-authors, or for that matter, the author of this
earlier book.
Peri

Re: Is anyone with a copy of The AI-Workbench, BABYLON by Christaller, Thomas '92; willing to PDF-share it?

<98009e99-184a-48fb-9e41-1aecd36185dan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=16738&group=comp.lang.lisp#16738

Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 00:30:42 -0800 (PST)
From: wjck987654321@gmail.com (wolfman jack)
 by: wolfman jack - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 08:30 UTC

On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 9:35:33 PM UTC+1, Peri Didaskalou wrote:
> On 2021-11-30 6:16 p.m., Tom Russ wrote:
> > On Wednesday, November 24, 2021 at 11:40:21 AM UTC-8, Peri Didaskalou wrote:
> >> I've searched everywhere for both a physical or PDF copy of this title:
> >>
> >> "The AI-Workbench BABYLON: An open and portable development environment
> >> for expert systems", Academic Press, London, 1992, ISBN 0-12-174235-0
> >> by Christaller, T., Di Primio, F., Vo', A. (eds).
> >

> > I don't happen to have a copy, but if all you need is the code, it appears you can find that
> > here: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/areas/expert/systems/babylon/
> > (Although I haven't downloaded that).
> >
> > Another option might be to try Emailing the authors directly to see if they have a copy.
> Thanks Tom,
> Yes, I had found that CMU repository. That's where I noticed the books
> listed, related to the project. The only place I found Christaller,
> Thomas was at ResearchGate.com. However, the hobby status of my project
> and my lack of scientific credentials, I suppose is the reason I didn't
> qualify for an account there. It appears Christaller has most if not all
> of the book available electronically there.
> Since I posted my this message, I managed to score a copy of the second,
> mentioned title: _CONSAT: A System for Constraint Satisfaction_('89).
> by Hans Werner Güsgen. It's quite good in describing a 'constraint'
> strategy, which is used in Babylon; as it specifically points out.
>
> So, I'm well enough on my way with the project source and this
> earlier reference.
>
> I appreciate your reply in so much as it reminded me that I hadn't
> looked for the other co-authors, or for that matter, the author of this
> earlier book.
> Peri

The book is available on Amazon. According to the German Wikipedia, the author teaches Aikido now, some googling then helps you find him at
https://lebenskunst-bonn.de/thomas-christaller/
There is no full text or ebook link on Researchgate.

Re: Is anyone with a copy of The AI-Workbench, BABYLON by Christaller, Thomas '92; willing to PDF-share it?

<tN3sJ.87362$SR4.46750@fx43.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=16739&group=comp.lang.lisp#16739

Christaller, Thomas '92; willing to PDF-share it?
Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
From: pfd@torfree.net (Peri Didaskalou)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 10:01:44 -0500
 by: Peri Didaskalou - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 15:01 UTC

On 2021-12-08 3:30 a.m., wolfman jack wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 9:35:33 PM UTC+1, Peri Didaskalou wrote:

>>> I don't happen to have a copy, but if all you need is the code, it appears you can find that
>>> here: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/areas/expert/systems/babylon/
>>> (Although I haven't downloaded that).
>>>
>>> Another option might be to try Emailing the authors directly to see if they have a copy.
>> Thanks Tom,
>> Yes, I had found that CMU repository. That's where I noticed the books
>> listed, related to the project. The only place I found Christaller,
>> Thomas was at ResearchGate.com. However, the hobby status of my project
>> and my lack of scientific credentials, I suppose is the reason I didn't
>> qualify for an account there. It appears Christaller has most if not all
>> of the book available electronically there.
>> Since I posted my this message, I managed to score a copy of the second,
>> mentioned title: _CONSAT: A System for Constraint Satisfaction_('89).
>> by Hans Werner Güsgen. It's quite good in describing a 'constraint'
>> strategy, which is used in Babylon; as it specifically points out.
>>
>> So, I'm well enough on my way with the project source and this
>> earlier reference.
>>
>> I appreciate your reply in so much as it reminded me that I hadn't
>> looked for the other co-authors, or for that matter, the author of this
>> earlier book.
>> Peri
>

> The book is available on Amazon. According to the German Wikipedia, the author teaches Aikido now, some googling then helps you find him at
> https://lebenskunst-bonn.de/thomas-christaller/
> There is no full text or ebook link on Researchgate.

It was available on Amazon.de, and still listed on all the Amazon sites
as 'temporarily out of stock', but I highly doubt another print run is
scheduled. In fact, my attempting to buy it from Amazon.de, the English
version at that, my order was accepted, and then a few days later,
refunded back to me due to it not being in stock.
I then repeated the same process at amazon.co.uk ... So I've done my
part to increase demand for it. ;)