Packages should build-depend on what they should build-depend. -- Santiago Vila on debian-devel

devel / comp.lang.awk / Re: The obligatory "Oh, no, you shouldn't take it so personally" rejoinder (Was: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy)

SubjectAuthor
* New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammyPatsie
+* Re: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammyEd Morton
|`* Re: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammyJanis Papanagnou
| `* Re: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammyPatsie
|  +- Re: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammyJanis Papanagnou
|  +* The obligatory "Oh, no, you shouldn't take it so personally" rejoinder (Was: NewKenny McCormack
|  |+- Re: The obligatory "Oh, no, you shouldn't take it so personally"Janis Papanagnou
|  |`* Re: The obligatory "Oh, no, you shouldn't take it so personally"Kpop 2GM
|  | `* Re: The obligatory "Oh, no, you shouldn't take it so personally"Ed Morton
|  |  `- Re: The obligatory "Oh, no, you shouldn't take it so personally"Kpop 2GM
|  `- Re: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammyEd Morton
`* Re: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammyTavis Ormandy
 `- Re: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammyKpop 2GM

1
New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy

<6ac532ae-b0ae-4f09-8ad6-5cac3adca8d8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1181&group=comp.lang.awk#1181

Newsgroups: comp.lang.awk
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 00:46:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy
From: youtube@patsie.nl (Patsie)
 by: Patsie - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 07:46 UTC

Hi all,

Long time awk user here who hasn't really read this mailinglist, but I was looking for fellow awk enthusiasts to share my code with.
Hopefully I won't come across as too spammy on my first post, but I'd like to share my latest creation with you and who knows, maybe get some feedback.

Recently I finished writing my first old-skool style 'demo' in awk, which took me a while to complete. I hope you all like it and as said feedback on the code is always welcome.

https://github.com/patsie75/awk-demo

Ps. the rest of my github repo is also full of awk stuff :)

Re: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy

<t25npm$v6q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1187&group=comp.lang.awk#1187

From: mortonspam@gmail.com (Ed Morton)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.awk
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 21:24:53 -0500
 by: Ed Morton - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 02:24 UTC

On 3/29/2022 2:46 AM, Patsie wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Long time awk user here who hasn't really read this mailinglist, but I was looking for fellow awk enthusiasts to share my code with.
> Hopefully I won't come across as too spammy on my first post, but I'd like to share my latest creation with you and who knows, maybe get some feedback.
>
> Recently I finished writing my first old-skool style 'demo' in awk, which took me a while to complete. I hope you all like it and as said feedback on the code is always welcome.
>
> https://github.com/patsie75/awk-demo
>
> Ps. the rest of my github repo is also full of awk stuff :)

If you'd like to post some code for peer review there's a forum for that
at https://codereview.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/awk. Not sure
how much participation it gets though.

Ed.

Re: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy

<t26d5i$h7u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1188&group=comp.lang.awk#1188

From: janis_papanagnou@hotmail.com (Janis Papanagnou)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.awk
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:29:38 +0200
 by: Janis Papanagnou - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 08:29 UTC

On 01.04.2022 04:24, Ed Morton wrote:
> On 3/29/2022 2:46 AM, Patsie wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Long time awk user here who hasn't really read this mailinglist, but I
>> was looking for fellow awk enthusiasts to share my code with.
>> Hopefully I won't come across as too spammy on my first post, but I'd
>> like to share my latest creation with you and who knows, maybe get
>> some feedback.
>>
>> Recently I finished writing my first old-skool style 'demo' in awk,
>> which took me a while to complete. I hope you all like it and as said
>> feedback on the code is always welcome.
>>
>> https://github.com/patsie75/awk-demo
>>
>> Ps. the rest of my github repo is also full of awk stuff :)
>

> If you'd like to post some code for peer review there's a forum for that
> at https://codereview.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/awk. Not sure
> how much participation it gets though.
>
> Ed.

I haven't inspected the awk stuff behind the link but generally I'd
say that he can post awk code (and specs or descriptions) also in this
newsgroup (c.l.a). I share the doubts about interest and participation
especially since there seems no description (neither in the post nor
at the webpage) what this demo is all about.

For something like "Hey, I have something cool, just click it to see!"
there's probably better places, though.

Janis

Re: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy

<c8f927ef-5c0d-492b-ac50-81a5673a7bffn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1190&group=comp.lang.awk#1190

Newsgroups: comp.lang.awk
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 02:21:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: youtube@patsie.nl (Patsie)
 by: Patsie - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 09:21 UTC

On Friday, April 1, 2022 at 10:29:40 AM UTC+2, Janis Papanagnou wrote:
> > On 3/29/2022 2:46 AM, Patsie wrote:
> >>
> >> Recently I finished writing my first old-skool style 'demo' in awk,
> >> which took me a while to complete. I hope you all like it and as said
> >> feedback on the code is always welcome.
> >>
> >> https://github.com/patsie75/awk-demo
> >>
> >> Ps. the rest of my github repo is also full of awk stuff :)
>
> I haven't inspected the awk stuff behind the link but generally I'd
> say that he can post awk code (and specs or descriptions) also in this
> newsgroup (c.l.a). I share the doubts about interest and participation
> especially since there seems no description (neither in the post nor
> at the webpage) what this demo is all about.
>
> For something like "Hey, I have something cool, just click it to see!"
> there's probably better places, though.
>
> Janis

I'm sorry you feel that way. I thought both my post here and my github page were quite clear on what this code is about. Namely an "old-skool style demo". If that doesn't say anything to you, then that's OK.
The github page even has a video of what the code does.
I just thought that fellow AWK enthusiasts could appreciate the effort that was put into this. But it seems that I was wrong.

I'm sorry to have posted here and will not do this again. Goodbye.

Patsie

Re: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy

<t26ldp$pqd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1191&group=comp.lang.awk#1191

From: janis_papanagnou@hotmail.com (Janis Papanagnou)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.awk
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 12:50:33 +0200
 by: Janis Papanagnou - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 10:50 UTC

On 01.04.2022 11:21, Patsie wrote:

>> I haven't inspected the awk stuff behind the link but generally I'd
>> say that he can post awk code (and specs or descriptions) also in this
>> newsgroup (c.l.a). I share the doubts about interest and participation
>> especially since there seems no description (neither in the post nor
>> at the webpage) what this demo is all about.
>>
>> For something like "Hey, I have something cool, just click it to see!"
>> there's probably better places, though.
>>
>> Janis
>
> I'm sorry you feel that way. I thought both my post here and my
> github page were quite clear on what this code is about. Namely an
> "old-skool style demo".

I have never heard that term and the term doesn't tell me anything.
(A "demo" is [for me] a demonstration of something, but your post
or webpage doesn't tell anything about what it demonstrates.)

> If that doesn't say anything to you, then that's OK.

(I can only speak for myself. Other's opinions may differ.)

> The github page even has a video of what the code does.

This is exactly what I meant by
"Hey, I have something cool, just click it to see!"

It may be a modern mindset to get informed by [time consuming] videos
or presentations, but for a Usenet newsgroup a simple explanation is
more appropriate. - Please take that as a well-meant hint, not as an
offense or anything.

> just thought that fellow AWK enthusiasts could appreciate the effort
> that was put into this. But it seems that I was wrong.

How can we appreciate the effort from your post? - Yes, your thought
was probably wrong. - But you could simply fix your post by providing
some more (more substantial) informations. Is that so hard?

> I'm sorry to have posted here and will not do this again. Goodbye.

It's your choice. Youtube, Twitter, etc., might be better media for
you, though I doubt you find the awk expertise there. Probably Ed's
hint could be the right place (can't tell). - Whatever you decide to
do given the hints you've got; good luck anyway.

Janis

> Patsie

The obligatory "Oh, no, you shouldn't take it so personally" rejoinder (Was: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy)

<t26o71$2ckro$1@news.xmission.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1192&group=comp.lang.awk#1192

From: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.awk
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 11:38:09 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
 by: Kenny McCormack - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 11:38 UTC

In article <c8f927ef-5c0d-492b-ac50-81a5673a7bffn@googlegroups.com>,
Patsie <youtube@patsie.nl> wrote:
>I'm sorry you feel that way. I thought both my post here and my github
>page were quite clear on what this code is about. Namely an "old-skool
>style demo". If that doesn't say anything to you, then that's OK. The
>github page even has a video of what the code does.
>
>I just thought that fellow AWK enthusiasts could appreciate the effort
>that was put into this. But it seems that I was wrong.

Both "Janis" and "Ed" are total buzz-killers. Their motto is clearly "If I
don't have anything nasty to say, I'm not trying hard enough".

You should just ignore them (I have both killfiled)

>I'm sorry to have posted here and will not do this again. Goodbye.

See above.

http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/WeekendAwayFromHome

Re: The obligatory "Oh, no, you shouldn't take it so personally" rejoinder (Was: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy)

<t26phn$cp2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1193&group=comp.lang.awk#1193

From: janis_papanagnou@hotmail.com (Janis Papanagnou)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.awk
Subject: Re: The obligatory "Oh, no, you shouldn't take it so personally"
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 14:00:55 +0200
 by: Janis Papanagnou - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 12:00 UTC

On 01.04.2022 13:38, Kenny McCormack wrote:

> You should just ignore them (I have both killfiled)

I have killfiled neither, not you, nor Ed, so I see that
you responded in your last post (just two days ago) to a
posting of Ed. - Not that you'd have anything substantial
to contribute in most of your posts, usually anyway only
the well known sociopathic offenses.

Janis

Re: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy

<t26s9v$82d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1194&group=comp.lang.awk#1194

From: mortonspam@gmail.com (Ed Morton)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.awk
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 07:47:58 -0500
 by: Ed Morton - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 12:47 UTC

On 4/1/2022 4:21 AM, Patsie wrote:

>> I haven't inspected the awk stuff behind the link but generally I'd
>> say that he can post awk code (and specs or descriptions) also in this
>> newsgroup (c.l.a). I share the doubts about interest and participation
>> especially since there seems no description (neither in the post nor
>> at the webpage) what this demo is all about.
>>
>> For something like "Hey, I have something cool, just click it to see!"
>> there's probably better places, though.
>>
>> Janis
>
> I'm sorry you feel that way. I thought both my post here and my github page were quite clear on what this code is about. Namely an "old-skool style demo". If that doesn't say anything to you, then that's OK.
> The github page even has a video of what the code does.
> I just thought that fellow AWK enthusiasts could appreciate the effort that was put into this. But it seems that I was wrong.
>
> I'm sorry to have posted here and will not do this again. Goodbye.
>
> Patsie

You posted something, got no responses here so to help you out I
suggested another site where you might get responses. Janis pointed out
it might be hard to get responses on other forums too and why. I think
you're reading something into our responses that just isn't there as
there's no need to apologize or declare you'll never post here again.
No, I'm sorry but I don't know what "old-skool style demo" means.

Ed.

Re: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy

<jaoj2jF4hh4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1195&group=comp.lang.awk#1195

From: taviso@gmail.com (Tavis Ormandy)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.awk
Date: 1 Apr 2022 15:12:19 GMT
 by: Tavis Ormandy - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 15:12 UTC

On 2022-03-29, Patsie wrote:
> Recently I finished writing my first old-skool style 'demo' in awk, which took me a while to complete. I hope you all like it and as said feedback on the code is always welcome.

Really impressive!

--
_o) $ lynx lock.cmpxchg8b.com
/\\ _o) _o) $ finger taviso@sdf.org

Re: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy

<06e3dea5-07c7-4edf-9960-a51983b19d0fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1228&group=comp.lang.awk#1228

Newsgroups: comp.lang.awk
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 09:05:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: jason.cy.kwan@gmail.com (Kpop 2GM)
 by: Kpop 2GM - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 16:05 UTC

hey Patsie, for paletteGen( ), am I getting the right values in this list :

255 130;125;125
254 103;115;121
253 91;109;118
252 79;102;115
251 68;96;112
250 57;90;109
249 47;84;106
248 38;78;103
247 29;72;100
246 22;67;97
245 15;61;94
244 10;56;91
243 6;51;88
242 3;46;85
241 1;41;82
240 1;36;79
239 1;32;76
238 3;28;73
237 6;24;70
236 10;20;68
235 15;17;65
234 22;14;62
233 29;11;60
232 38;8;57
231 47;6;54
230 57;4;52
229 68;2;49
228 79;1;47
227 91;0;45
226 103;0;42
225 115;0;40
224 128;0;38
223 140;0;36
222 152;0;33
221 164;0;31
220 176;1;29
219 187;2;27
218 198;4;25
217 208;6;24
216 217;8;22
215 226;11;20
214 233;14;19
213 240;17;17
212 245;20;15
211 249;24;14
210 252;28;13
209 254;32;11
208 255;36;10
207 254;41;9
206 252;46;8
205 249;51;7
204 245;56;6
203 240;61;5
202 233;67;4
201 226;72;4
200 217;78;3
199 208;84;2
198 198;90;2
197 187;96;1
196 176;102;1
195 164;109;1
194 152;115;1
193 140;121;1
192 127;128;1
191 115;134;1
190 103;140;1
189 91;146;1
188 79;153;1
187 68;159;1
186 57;165;2
185 47;171;2
184 38;177;3
183 29;183;4
182 22;188;4
181 15;194;5
180 10;199;6
179 6;204;7
178 3;209;8
177 1;214;9
176 1;219;10
175 1;223;11
174 3;227;13
173 6;231;14
172 10;235;15
171 15;238;17
170 22;241;19
169 29;244;20
168 38;247;22
167 47;249;24
166 57;251;25
165 68;253;27
164 79;254;29
163 91;255;31
162 103;256;33
161 115;256;36
160 128;256;38
159 140;256;40
158 152;256;42
157 164;255;45
156 176;254;47
155 187;253;49
154 198;251;52
153 208;249;54
152 217;247;57
151 226;244;60
150 233;241;62
149 240;238;65
148 245;235;68
147 249;231;70
146 252;227;73
145 254;223;76
144 255;219;79
143 254;214;82
142 252;209;85
141 249;204;88
140 245;199;91
139 240;194;94
138 233;188;97
137 226;183;100
136 217;177;103
135 208;171;106
134 198;165;109
133 187;159;112
132 176;153;115
131 164;146;118
130 152;140;121
129 140;134;124
128 127;127;128
127 115;121;131
126 103;115;134
125 91;109;137
124 79;102;140
123 68;96;143
122 57;90;146
121 47;84;149
120 38;78;152
119 29;72;155
118 22;67;158
117 15;61;161
116 10;56;164
115 6;51;167
114 3;46;170
113 1;41;173
112 1;36;176
111 1;32;179
110 3;28;182
109 6;24;185
108 10;20;187
107 15;17;190
106 22;14;193
105 29;11;195
104 38;8;198
103 47;6;201
102 57;4;203
101 68;2;206
100 79;1;208
99 91;0;210
98 103;0;213
97 115;0;215
96 128;0;217
95 140;0;219
94 152;0;222
93 164;0;224
92 176;1;226
91 187;2;228
90 198;4;230
89 208;6;231
88 217;8;233
87 226;11;235
86 233;14;236
85 240;17;238
84 245;20;240
83 249;24;241
82 252;28;242
81 254;32;244
80 255;36;245
79 254;41;246
78 252;46;247
77 249;51;248
76 245;56;249
75 240;61;250
74 233;67;251
73 226;72;251
72 217;78;252
71 208;84;253
70 198;90;253
69 187;96;254
68 176;102;254
67 164;109;254
66 152;115;254
65 140;121;254
64 127;128;255
63 115;134;254
62 103;140;254
61 91;146;254
60 79;153;254
59 68;159;254
58 57;165;253
57 47;171;253
56 38;177;252
55 29;183;251
54 22;188;251
53 15;194;250
52 10;199;249
51 6;204;248
50 3;209;247
49 1;214;246
48 1;219;245
47 1;223;244
46 3;227;242
45 6;231;241
44 10;235;240
43 15;238;238
42 22;241;236
41 29;244;235
40 38;247;233
39 47;249;231
38 57;251;230
37 68;253;228
36 79;254;226
35 91;255;224
34 103;256;222
33 115;256;219
32 128;256;217
31 140;256;215
30 152;256;213
29 164;255;210
28 176;254;208
27 187;253;206
26 198;251;203
25 208;249;201
24 217;247;198
23 226;244;195
22 233;241;193
21 240;238;190
20 245;235;187
19 249;231;185
18 252;227;182
17 254;223;179
16 255;219;176
15 254;214;173
14 252;209;170
13 249;204;167
12 245;199;164
11 240;194;161
10 233;188;158
9 226;183;155
8 217;177;152
7 208;171;149
6 198;165;146
5 187;159;143
4 176;153;140
3 164;146;137
2 152;140;134
1 140;134;131
0 128;128;128

Re: The obligatory "Oh, no, you shouldn't take it so personally" rejoinder (Was: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy)

<99475784-4233-4578-8f99-c2cbd913bcffn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1229&group=comp.lang.awk#1229

Newsgroups: comp.lang.awk
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 10:10:39 -0700 (PDT)
rejoinder (Was: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy)
From: jason.cy.kwan@gmail.com (Kpop 2GM)
 by: Kpop 2GM - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 17:10 UTC

On Friday, April 1, 2022 at 7:38:11 AM UTC-4, Kenny McCormack wrote:
> In article <c8f927ef-5c0d-492b...@googlegroups.com>,
> Patsie <you...@patsie.nl> wrote:
> >I'm sorry you feel that way. I thought both my post here and my github
> >page were quite clear on what this code is about. Namely an "old-skool
> >style demo". If that doesn't say anything to you, then that's OK. The
> >github page even has a video of what the code does.
> >
> >I just thought that fellow AWK enthusiasts could appreciate the effort
> >that was put into this. But it seems that I was wrong.
> Both "Janis" and "Ed" are total buzz-killers. Their motto is clearly "If I
> don't have anything nasty to say, I'm not trying hard enough".
>
> You should just ignore them (I have both killfiled)
> >I'm sorry to have posted here and will not do this again. Goodbye.
> See above.
>
> --
> The randomly chosen signature file that would have appeared here is more than 4
> lines long. As such, it violates one or more Usenet RFCs. In order to remain
> in compliance with said RFCs, the actual sig can be found at the following URL:
> http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/WeekendAwayFromHome

@Kenny : I'd say this about Ed : he's a very amusing guy……………..as in …. it's rather amusing to many of us he managed to dwell on sites for years at a time, and in a recent solution he offered (that I was observing),

he still only knows how to associate CRLF \r \n questions with RS itself, while utterly lacking any amount of mental agility to even be able to rotate his "guru" mind by 2^-1074 degrees and realize one can also use FS to deal with it if FS is idling around anyway.

Re: The obligatory "Oh, no, you shouldn't take it so personally" rejoinder (Was: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy)

<t3uqcs$pe7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1230&group=comp.lang.awk#1230

From: mortonspam@gmail.com (Ed Morton)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.awk
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 12:58:52 -0500
 by: Ed Morton - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 17:58 UTC

On 4/22/2022 12:10 PM, Kpop 2GM wrote:
> On Friday, April 1, 2022 at 7:38:11 AM UTC-4, Kenny McCormack wrote:
>> In article <c8f927ef-5c0d-492b...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Patsie <you...@patsie.nl> wrote:
>>> I'm sorry you feel that way. I thought both my post here and my github
>>> page were quite clear on what this code is about. Namely an "old-skool
>>> style demo". If that doesn't say anything to you, then that's OK. The
>>> github page even has a video of what the code does.
>>>
>>> I just thought that fellow AWK enthusiasts could appreciate the effort
>>> that was put into this. But it seems that I was wrong.
>> Both "Janis" and "Ed" are total buzz-killers. Their motto is clearly "If I
>> don't have anything nasty to say, I'm not trying hard enough".

Right, because my response to the OP "If you'd like to post some code
for peer review there's a forum for that at
https://codereview.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/awk. Not sure how
much participation it gets though." was nasty.

>> You should just ignore them (I have both killfiled)

What a pile of crap, you're constantly posting your usual inane
replies and forgets to trim out your drivel).

>>> I'm sorry to have posted here and will not do this again. Goodbye.
>> See above.
>>
>> --
>> The randomly chosen signature file that would have appeared here is more than 4
>> lines long. As such, it violates one or more Usenet RFCs. In order to remain
>> in compliance with said RFCs, the actual sig can be found at the following URL:
>> http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/WeekendAwayFromHome
>
> @Kenny : I'd say this about Ed : he's a very amusing guy……………..as in …. it's rather amusing to many of us he managed to dwell on sites for years at a time, and in a recent solution he offered (that I was observing),
>
> he still only knows how to associate CRLF \r \n questions with RS itself, while utterly lacking any amount of mental agility to even be able to rotate his "guru" mind by 2^-1074 degrees and realize one can also use FS to deal with it if FS is idling around anyway.

For anyone who cares - as always with their postings, I've no idea what
specifically Kpop is referring to above but some time ago they posted
some wildly illegible code on stackoverflow. I commented that it was
hard to understand and they hadn't actually asked any question and they
lost their mind ranting about how I was too stupid to understand it and
claiming they'd invented some vastly superior way to do something and
going so far as to find an account I had on another web site and post
this bizarre message there (no, I've no idea who "that Rauch whatever
guy" is or what they did to also offend Kpop):

"bwhahhahah this is so hilarious you're damn worthless you had to go
find your pals like that Rauch whatever guy to bully me cuz you realized
how useless you are as engineer, and got called out for it. Having the
audacity to make bold proclamations how i made no sense, when in fact,
it's your utterly lacking brain that's on display here. i'll wear it as
a badge of honor. but i do suppose life is rather fair, seeing that
you're stuck in chicago bwhahahahhahahahahhhaha"

I'm glad to see Kpop and Kenny, the most killfilled person on usenet
since Alan Connor, are getting along - they deserve each other and my
killfile now has 2 worthy denizens.

Ed.

Re: The obligatory "Oh, no, you shouldn't take it so personally" rejoinder (Was: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy)

<98a588cf-927e-42ee-a24c-9b1186cf1732n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1256&group=comp.lang.awk#1256

Newsgroups: comp.lang.awk
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 04:43:57 -0700 (PDT)
rejoinder (Was: New user here, being a bit of a showoff, hopefully not too spammy)
From: jason.cy.kwan@gmail.com (Kpop 2GM)
 by: Kpop 2GM - Sat, 28 May 2022 11:43 UTC

@Ed : says the worthless loser who doesn't know how to square a string