Newsgroups: comp.lang.scheme
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 14:56:50 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Withdrawn SRFI 204: Wright-Cartwright-Shinn Pattern Matcher
From: *@speechcode.com (Arthur A. Gleckler)
 by: Arthur A. Gleckler - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 22:56 UTC

Scheme Request for Implementation 204,
"Wright-Cartwright-Shinn Pattern Matcher,"
by Felix Thibault,
has gone into withdrawn status.

The document and an archive of the discussion are available at
<https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-204/>.

This SRFI has been withdrawn by me, the editor, not by Felix, the
author. The first draft was published 567 days ago, and the most
recent draft was published 207 days ago. Progress on the SRFI has
apparently stopped, so I announced that I would mark it withdrawn if
there was no progress by 2022-02-01. Alas, that deadline has passed.

Thanks to Felix and everyone else for all their hard work on this
SRFI.

I truly wish we could have finalized this SRFI, as the WCS pattern
matcher is an important contribution to Scheme, and standardizing it
would have made it easier for even more people to use it.

There's no reason that someone couldn't take this SRFI up and move it
forward, under a new number. I encourage anyone who is interested in
volunteering to do so.

Here is the commit summary since the most recent draft:

- Update links to use TLS/SSL.
- Withdraw (by editor) for lack of progress.

Regards,

SRFI Editor