Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 14:24:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: AntView Control
From: stefan.ungemach@bingo-ev.de (Stefan Ungemach)
 by: Stefan Ungemach - Mon, 12 Dec 2022 22:24 UTC

Hi all,

has anyone experience with the AntView control (ActiveX) from Antwise solutions?

Background: I am using the control (which is sort of a synchronous wrapper for the WebView2 control) as a replacement for the MSIE control since the latter isn't supported by more and more websites (i.e. Google). This works fine so far, but for trapping several issues I want to use its callback functions.

Having generated code for iWebView, iAntViewDocument and iAntViewEvents I can link the Document to the Control, but I don't succeed in accessing the events. I have already subclassed the iAntViewEvents class (OleAutoObjectEx) and written a dispatcher for it. However, neither events arrive nor are the callback methods called.

Unfortunately the developer can't really help me since he is not familiar with VO or its OLE interfaces.

The AntView documentation is here:
https://antview.dev/documentation/
(check Online Help)

The Control is available as a free evaluation version as well (Downloads9

Playing around for days with both the control and the forum hasn't brought me further. The control works in general and does the job, but I need the events to gain more control.

Any help would be highly appreciated!