Subject: Traffic filtering
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.networking
From: alan@adamshome.org.uk (Alan Adams)
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 13:43:05 +0100
 by: Alan Adams - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 12:43 UTC

Hi

I want to set up a web server on a wireless hotspot, but protect the main
network from any incoming traffic.

I have a Linksys WRT54G router that I believe could be reconfigured to
help.

The hardware setup I envisage is:

Wireless access point, long range
V rPi running web server
V WRT54G filtering
V Main network

I need shareFS snd TCP/IP traffic to work between the web server and the
main network. I think this could be done by running the WRT as a bridge,
and preventing any inbound traffic except from the web server rPi.

The question is how to set up the WRT to do this?

--
Alan Adams

devel / comp.sys.acorn.networking / Traffic filtering