From: ruediger.fresemann@t-online.de (Rüdiger Fresemann)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Subject: Query events of an external DLL
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 08:15:08 +0100
 by: Rüdiger Fresemann - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 07:15 UTC

I use an external DLL with some functions that I need.
According to the manufacturer, the DLL also fires events, e.g. to query
the status of individual processes.

I just can't manage to get into this level. I have already tried with
Dispatch, Events or ControlNotify, but get nowhere....

Does anyone have any ideas or som examplecode on how I could best
accomplish this?

Pasadena

Re: Query events of an external DLL

<6fd921ed-9563-4c3e-893a-1fcaf4fe3579n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1019&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#1019

Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 06:23:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Query events of an external DLL
From: dlzc1@cox.net (dlzc)
 by: dlzc - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 14:23 UTC

Dear Rüdiger Fresemann:

On Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 12:15:10 AM UTC-7, Rüdiger Fresemann wrote:
> I use an external DLL with some functions that I need.
> According to the manufacturer, the DLL also fires
> events, e.g. to query the status of individual processes.

Does this DLL supplier not have example code, that works with their DLL? They should have C or some other code examples, to catch these queries. THAT is where you should start. Then migrate this code into a parallel thread in your VO. Read and write only to static variables, don't hit the stack, don't define new variables, don't call (non-static or iterative) user functions.

David A. Smith