"Ada is PL/I trying to be Smalltalk. -- Codoso diBlini

devel / comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects / CAVO28 editor' strange behaviour

SubjectAuthor
* CAVO28 editor' strange behaviourgianluc...@proximacentauri.it
+* Re: CAVO28 editor' strange behaviourWolfgang Riedmann
|`- Re: CAVO28 editor' strange behaviourgianluc...@proximacentauri.it
`* Re: CAVO28 editor' strange behaviourGlen Townsley
 `- Re: CAVO28 editor' strange behaviourgianluc...@proximacentauri.it

1
CAVO28 editor' strange behaviour

<9b89731b-e51b-4b51-906d-7023d6563c63n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1005&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#1005

Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 04:12:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: CAVO28 editor' strange behaviour
From: gianluca.pinoli@proximacentauri.it (gianluc...@proximacentauri.it)
 by: gianluc...@proximace - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 12:12 UTC

Hi to all,
in the last months my CAVO28 sp4's editor began to have a strange problem: during editing of an existing piece of code it save in the repository what seem to be a null char together with the modified code. This cause the compiler to fail during linking operation, and awfully, opening again che code, the editor load only the lines before the null char.
I've found out that if exported, in the .MEF the code is complete, but include the null char too.
I've already tried to create a new project and reimport all my code, but the problem persists.
Did anyone had the same problem?
By the way, the OS is Win10 21H2.

Best regards
Gianluca

Re: CAVO28 editor' strange behaviour

<j48deuFstsjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1006&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#1006

From: wriedmann@gmail.com (Wolfgang Riedmann)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Subject: Re: CAVO28 editor' strange behaviour
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 17:20:45 +0100
 by: Wolfgang Riedmann - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 16:20 UTC

Ciao Gianluca,

no problem at all here, on both machines, and both with Windows 10 21H2.

Wolfgang

--

Re: CAVO28 editor' strange behaviour

<srn623$em$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1007&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#1007

From: coogee.2015@gmail.com (Glen Townsley)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 04:20:59 +1000
 by: Glen Townsley - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 18:20 UTC

Hi Gianluca

I'm using SP3 and it always done that at infrequent intervals. I've noticed
that it always happens after I've done a Ctrl+Z to undo, maybe yours is the
same. When I say infrequent, I mean months between events but I don't use it
much anymore so that could be the cause of the increasing duration between
events. I've overcome the problem with frequent saves and backups.

HTH

Glen

"gianluc...@proximacentauri.it" wrote in message

Hi to all,
in the last months my CAVO28 sp4's editor began to have a strange problem:
during editing of an existing piece of code it save in the repository what
seem to be a null char together with the modified code. This cause the
compiler to fail during linking operation, and awfully, opening again che
code, the editor load only the lines before the null char.
I've found out that if exported, in the .MEF the code is complete, but
include the null char too.
I've already tried to create a new project and reimport all my code, but the
problem persists.
Did anyone had the same problem?
By the way, the OS is Win10 21H2.

Best regards