Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 02:33:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: help java
From: aurorabaccio@gmail.com (aurora baccio)
 by: aurora baccio - Sun, 2 Jan 2022 10:33 UTC

Good morning, and have a great start to the year.
Sorry to ask for help in something that is not VO, but it seems no one can figure it out and give me answers.
I use java for some applications in the medical field.
I have been unable to update java for some time now. It appears to me, once the update request is launched the following error :
error in the script of the page
line 1
character 1
error Expected ')'
code 0
url
I am asked if I must continue to write in the page (yes) or (no) but it does not change. The update does not happen.
Recently in phase of execution of the application (test) the following message appears:
Message=javax.transaction.TransactionRolledbackException: ; nested exception is: com.ibm.websphere.csi.CSITransactionRolledbackException:
I think the two are related.
Question : does uninstalling java, deleting all java directories, shutting down and restarting the pc (nortebook) solve the problem ? Or does the error message in the page script also block the reinstallation ?
In this case the solution is to reinstall windows ?
thanks for the help
Aurora Baccio

Re: help java

<ded9e718-ac1c-4eb0-9add-d4df711db77en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=1004&group=comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects#1004

Newsgroups: comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 06:00:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: help java
From: dlzc1@cox.net (dlzc)
 by: dlzc - Mon, 3 Jan 2022 14:00 UTC

Dear aurora baccio:

https://xperti.io/blogs/fix-illegal-start-of-expression-in-java/

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/websphere-jdbc-adapter-locking-rows-database-table-and-causing-other-applications-timeout-accessing-same-tables

https://java.com/en/download/help/manual_regedit.html

> In this case the solution is to reinstall windows ?

Too extreme. I doubt much of this will help.

David A. Smith