From: john.guillory@VERT/MAINLINE (John Guillory)
To: ARRL de WD1CKS
Subject: Re: ARRL Ready to Welcome Attendees at Dayton Hamvention??? 2023
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 16:36:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: John Guillory - Tue, 9 May 2023 16:36 UTC

Ad> Dayton Hamvention[1] 2023, ham radio's largest annual gathering, is just t
Ad> weeks away. Gates open for the 3-day event on Friday, May 19, at 9 AM, at
Ad> Greene County Fair and Expo Center in Xenia, Ohio. Spokesperson Michael Ka
Ad> W8CI, reports that 700 volunteers are working to get the event ready.

You know,I love going to hamfest any time I'm in the area and have the time-off from work to enjoy it, but the thing that leave the most sourest taste in my mouth when I hear about the Dayton Hamfest, is when I order an antennae, or other ham radio gear at a company, and they tell me they're low on stock due to the Dayton Hamfest coming up in the next week or two. It kinda make me wish that the company that reserved so many products for Dayton that they can't handle their normal customers online doesn't sell a single thing at the hamfest, and has to mark all their products that they where hoping to sell as clearance items, just to get rid of them. I know, it's mean and out of spite, but gosh darn it, a company needs to take care of its customers before worrying about their extra profit from events...

John H. Guillory
call sign KF5QEO
KF5QEO's Shack BBS

.... A .GIF is worth a thousand .TXT.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/03/14 (Linux/64)
* Origin: KF5QEO's Shack -- kf5qeo.servebbs.net

Re: ARRL Ready to Welcome

<645F05B8.1441.dove-2015@tbolt.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=986&group=DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio#986

From: daryl.stout@VERT/TBOLT (Daryl Stout)
To: John Guillory
Subject: Re: ARRL Ready to Welcome
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 22:27:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: Daryl Stout - Sat, 13 May 2023 03:27 UTC

John,

JG> You know,I love going to hamfest any time I'm in the area and have
JG> the time-off from work to enjoy it, but the thing that leave the most
JG> sourest taste in my mouth when I hear about the Dayton Hamfest, is when
JG> I order an antennae, or other ham radio gear at a company, and they
JG> tell me they're low on stock due to the Dayton Hamfest coming up in the
JG> next week or two. It kinda make me wish that the company that reserved
JG> so many products for Dayton that they can't handle their normal
JG> customers online doesn't sell a single thing at the hamfest, and has to
JG> mark all their products that they where hoping to sell as clearance
JG> items, just to get rid of them. I know, it's mean and out of spite,
JG> but gosh darn it, a company needs to take care of its customers before
JG> worrying about their extra profit from events...

Richard Lenoir, KI5DX, out of Main Trading Company, in Paris, Texas, is
not able to go to Hamvention, but he has some great deals off of his
website, mtcradio.com -- they are good folks to deal with.

Daryl, WX4QZ

.... If the bathtub leaks, does the bathroom sink??
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � The Thunderbolt BBS - Little Rock, Arkansas