From: neoshock@VERT/VINTAGE (Neoshock)
To: All
Subject: VintagePi BBS Welcomes you!
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 14:03:37 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Advertisements
 by: Neoshock - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 22:03 UTC

_ ___ __ ____ _ ____ ____ _____
| | / (_)___ / /_____ _____ ____ / __ \(_) / __ )/ __ ) ___/
| | / / / __ \/ __/ __ `/ __ `/ _ \ / /_/ / / / __ / __ \__ \
| |/ / / / / / /_/ /_/ / /_/ / __/ / ____/ / / /_/ / /_/ /__/ /
|___/_/_/ /_/\__/\__,_/\__, /\___/ /_/ /_/ /_____/_____/____/
/____/

vintagepi.asuscomm.com (optional ports 64/128 for 40/80 col PETSCII)
Home of the Vintage Pi Project
Local Vintage Computer Talk msg boards as well as DoveNET
Thousands of programs and software for vintage computing

Hi All,
I created this BBS as a home base for a raspberry pi image I created for
myself. This image is set up in a way where each computer system has thier own
user login, whith their own home dir and files. I also wanted be able to
connect to the internet like it was back in the day via BBS's. The image has
Syncterm installed for BBS surfing, as well as some of the emulaters will have
terminal programs to log in BBS's directy in the emulator. The first version
of the image is now available to download on VintagePi BBS. Right now the
image includes all the Commodore computers, my next step is to add the Apple
line of computers, followed by the Tandy line. I welcome you to visit my BBS,
try the image, or even just participate in the message boards.

About Vintage Pi
----------------
Introducing the Vintage Pi Project a Raspberry Pi image designed to
transport users into the nostalgic realm of vintage computers, recreating the
authentic experience of bygone eras. Unlike the detached feel of running
emulators on modern devices, Vintage Pi strives to bridge the gap, providing
an environment that mirrors the genuine sensation of using historic computers.
This project goes beyond the typical application on your computer, aiming to
capture the essence of interacting with the actual hardware, rekindling the
unique charm of computing from the past.

---
■ Synchronet ■ Vintage Pi BBS - vintagepi.asuscomm.com