From: w1cjf@VERT/DRTBRD (w1cjf)
To: All
Subject: Anyone play with a keltec pmr30
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 19:35:24 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: w1cjf - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 00:35 UTC

I have had mine for 6 months with the mcarbo upgrades..what a fun piece!

chris

---
■ Synchronet ■ ThE Dirty Bird...straight out of massachusetts.

Re: Anyone play with a keltec pmr30

<6562AC3D.1013.dove-firearms@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=107&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#107

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR (Gamgee)
To: w1cjf
Subject: Re: Anyone play with a keltec pmr30
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 20:16:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Gamgee - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 02:16 UTC

-=> w1cjf wrote to All <=-

w1> I have had mine for 6 months with the mcarbo upgrades..what a fun
w1> piece!

I've had one for about a year and like it quite a bit. Very fun indeed.
At first I was a little leery of the sturdiness, being so plastic-y, but
that is no longer a concern. Quite a bit of pop, and hi-cap.

.... The haves and have-nots come from the dos and the do-nots.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Anyone play with a keltec

<65631B2F.109.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=109&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#109

From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: w1cjf
Subject: Anyone play with a keltec
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 03:15:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 10:15 UTC

-=> w1cjf wrote to All <=-

w1> I have had mine for 6 months with the mcarbo upgrades..what a fun
w1> piece!

w1> chris

w1> ---
w1> = Synchronet = ThE Dirty Bird...straight out of massachusetts.
Play with a KelTec what? I've got a Sub2000 in 9mm. Very fun, very nice.
Would have preferred it in .40 but all I ever saw was 9mm.
Have a Grendel P12 and a Grendel P30, both made by the George Kellgren company
that immediately preceeded his forming of KelTec. The P12 is actually my
backup carry, and on the rare instance that I wore it in an OWB holster it was
amusing to have a gun store employee spot it and ask how I liked my P10.
Simple enough mistake but I was surprised and impressed to note that he HAD
recognized it as a Grendel, just be viewing the exposed portion of the grip.
The P30 is quite fun to shoot but very finicky when it comes to ammo. I find
it really like Armscor 40 grain. Seems to feed and eject pretty well, but like
any .22 rimfire it gets pretty dirty pretty fast. I usually keep a cleaning
brush in the shooting bag just to be able to scrape off the worst of the
residue in a lengthy shooting session. The Grendels aren't the only ones that
gum up quick, I do the same when shooting any of my .22 autoloaders, Colt,
Ruger, Marlin, all the autoloaders do the same thing.
Anyway, like I said, the only Kel-Tec I have is the Sub2000 and it's a nice
little camp/hiking gun. The folding design makes it easy to stow, it's
"accurate enough" and with a rail on the bottom you can mount a laser (I did)
or a tactical light. I can easily see the Sub2000/light combo as an effective
campsite security combination and the fact that it accepts Glock magazines
means that the number of available rounds should NOT ever be a concern. A 9mm
carbine with a fully stocked 30 round magazine is an effective way of
protecting one and one's own.

.... DalekDOS v(overflow): (I)Obey (V)ision impaired (E)xterminate
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
� Synchronet � The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

Anyone play with a keltec

<65631CC3.110.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=110&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#110

From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: w1cjf
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 03:24:03 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 10:24 UTC

Re: Anyone play with a keltec
By: Weatherman to w1cjf on Sun Nov 26 2023 03:15 am

> -=> w1cjf wrote to All <=-
> Play with a KelTec what? I've got a Sub2000 in 9mm. Very fun, very nice.

Ahhh, the qwk package didn't include the entire post title. Seems you're talking about the PMR30. Heard it's fun. I have a P30, the Grendel predecessor to the PMR30. Enjoy it quite a bit. Fun little gun, but a little finicky when it comes to ammunition choice. Mine likes Armscor 40 grain, gives the action just what it needs to cycle reliably..
Regards,
-==*>Weatherman<*==-

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

Re: Anyone play with a keltec

<65634CC2.1017.dove-firearms@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=111&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#111

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANTIR (Gamgee)
To: Weatherman
Subject: Re: Anyone play with a keltec
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 01:42:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Gamgee - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 07:42 UTC

-=> Weatherman wrote to w1cjf <=-

We> Ahhh, the qwk package didn't include the entire post title.
We> Seems you're talking about the PMR30. Heard it's fun. I have a
We> P30, the Grendel predecessor to the PMR30. Enjoy it quite a bit.
We> Fun little gun, but a little finicky when it comes to ammunition
We> choice. Mine likes Armscor 40 grain, gives the action just what
We> it needs to cycle reliably..

My PMR30 is quite happy with CCI Maxi-Mag 40 grain.

.... As a matter of fact, it IS a banana in my pocket.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Anyone play with a keltec

<6563EDA9.8.dove-firearms@10.10.0.205>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=112&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#112

From: w1cjf@VERT/DRTBRD (w1cjf)
To: Weatherman
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 20:15:21 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: w1cjf - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 01:15 UTC

Re: Anyone play with a keltec
By: Weatherman to w1cjf on Sun Nov 26 2023 03:15 am

> -=> w1cjf wrote to All <=-
>
> w1> I have had mine for 6 months with the mcarbo upgrades..what a fun
> w1> piece!
>

> w1> chris
>
> w1> ---
> w1> = Synchronet = ThE Dirty Bird...straight out of massachusetts.
>
> Play with a KelTec what? I've got a Sub2000 in 9mm. Very fun, very nice.
> Would have preferred it in .40 but all I ever saw was 9mm.
>
> Have a Grendel P12 and a Grendel P30, both made by the George Kellgren comp
> that immediately preceeded his forming of KelTec. The P12 is actually my
> backup carry, and on the rare instance that I wore it in an OWB holster it w
> amusing to have a gun store employee spot it and ask how I liked my P10.
> Simple enough mistake but I was surprised and impressed to note that he HAD
> recognized it as a Grendel, just be viewing the exposed portion of the grip.
>
> The P30 is quite fun to shoot but very finicky when it comes to ammo. I fi
> it really like Armscor 40 grain. Seems to feed and eject pretty well, but l
> any .22 rimfire it gets pretty dirty pretty fast. I usually keep a cleaning
> brush in the shooting bag just to be able to scrape off the worst of the
> residue in a lengthy shooting session. The Grendels aren't the only ones th
> gum up quick, I do the same when shooting any of my .22 autoloaders, Colt,
> Ruger, Marlin, all the autoloaders do the same thing.
>
> Anyway, like I said, the only Kel-Tec I have is the Sub2000 and it's a nice
> little camp/hiking gun. The folding design makes it easy to stow, it's
> "accurate enough" and with a rail on the bottom you can mount a laser (I did
> or a tactical light. I can easily see the Sub2000/light combo as an effecti
> campsite security combination and the fact that it accepts Glock magazines
> means that the number of available rounds should NOT ever be a concern. A 9
> carbine with a fully stocked 30 round magazine is an effective way of
> protecting one and one's own.
>

> ... DalekDOS v(overflow): (I)Obey (V)ision impaired (E)xterminate

no doubt, I love this thing but it is the best idea wrong hahah the money i
dumped into it for mcarbo upgrades was wild.... my next purchase is a glock g20
in 10mm.. the 22wmr is very dirty but spits some nice fireballs....

---
■ Synchronet ■ ThE Dirty Bird...straight out of massachusetts.

Anyone play with a keltec

<6563EEBB.9.dove-firearms@10.10.0.205>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=113&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#113

From: w1cjf@VERT/DRTBRD (w1cjf)
To: Weatherman
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 20:19:55 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: w1cjf - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 01:19 UTC

Re: Anyone play with a keltec
By: Weatherman to w1cjf on Sun Nov 26 2023 03:24 am

> Re: Anyone play with a keltec
> By: Weatherman to w1cjf on Sun Nov 26 2023 03:15 am
>
> > -=> w1cjf wrote to All <=-
> > Play with a KelTec what? I've got a Sub2000 in 9mm. Very fun, very nic
>
> Ahhh, the qwk package didn't include the entire post title. Seems you're
> talking about the PMR30. Heard it's fun. I have a P30, the Grendel
> predecessor to the PMR30. Enjoy it quite a bit. Fun little gun, but a litt
> finicky when it comes to ammunition choice. Mine likes Armscor 40 grain, gi
> the action just what it needs to cycle reliably..
> Regards,
> -==*>Weatherman<*==-

it is funn and very like the orginal hahah thats why i had to dump money into
the mcarbo upgrades..i just bought a 10mm glock g20 so that will be the next
fun item to test .

chris

---
■ Synchronet ■ ThE Dirty Bird...straight out of massachusetts.

Re: Anyone play with a keltec pmr30

<65AB48ED.788.dove-firearms@final-zone.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=979&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#979

From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/FINALZON (Jimmy Anderson)
To: w1cjf
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 21:43:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Jimmy Anderson - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 03:43 UTC

-=> w1cjf wrote to All <=-

w1> I have had mine for 6 months with the mcarbo upgrades..what a fun
w1> piece!

My wife inherited one. I did buy a loader from Amazon - that helps...

It is a fun little piece, and shooting it toward the end of the
day REALLY really shows the blast.

.... If this were an actual tagline, it would be funny.
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Final Zone BBS - final-zone.net