From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/OTHETA (JIMMY ANDERSON)
To: DUMAS WALKER
Subject: Re: Gun Insurance
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 06:19:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: JIMMY ANDERSON - Tue, 10 Jan 2023 06:19 UTC

-=> DUMAS WALKER wrote to WEATHERMAN <=-

DW> @VIA: CAPCITY2
DW> @MSGID: <63BC8861.2382.dove-gun@capitolcityonline.net>
DW> @REPLY: <63BBDEC1.670.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>
> Nothing has changed, hand-and-foot still outpaces firearms. And don't
forget
> that the lowly handgun accounts for far more deaths than that scary and
> deadly-looking AR-15 (or ANY rifle forthat matter).

DW> I have always suspected that they are going after rifles more lately
DW> because they figured out that their private body guards are more likely
DW> to carry a handgun and they don't want to have to give the body guards
DW> up.

DW> "They" in this case being celebrities and politicians.

Well - that, and they have to start somewhere...

.... Deja Tue: A feeling that yesterday was Monday ...
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ Omicron Theta *Cordova, TN * winserver.org

Re: Gun Insurance

<63C5B785.2721.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=957&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#957

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: JIMMY ANDERSON
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 08:45:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Mon, 16 Jan 2023 13:45 UTC

Re: Re: Gun Insurance
By: JIMMY ANDERSON to DUMAS WALKER on Tue Jan 10 2023 01:19 pm

> -=> DUMAS WALKER wrote to WEATHERMAN <=-
>
> DW> @VIA: CAPCITY2
> DW> @MSGID: <63BC8861.2382.dove-gun@capitolcityonline.net>
> DW> @REPLY: <63BBDEC1.670.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>
> > Nothing has changed, hand-and-foot still outpaces firearms. And don't
> forget
> > that the lowly handgun accounts for far more deaths than that scary and
> > deadly-looking AR-15 (or ANY rifle forthat matter).
>
> DW> I have always suspected that they are going after rifles more lately
> DW> because they figured out that their private body guards are more likely
> DW> to carry a handgun and they don't want to have to give the body guards
> DW> up.
>
> DW> "They" in this case being celebrities and politicians.
>
> Well - that, and they have to start somewhere...
>

> ... Deja Tue: A feeling that yesterday was Monday ...

While creating the National Firearms Act of 1934, a complete ban on handguns
was on the list. Other countries followed suit so subjects can only own full
length single shot shotgun or single shot rifles. Resistance to a complete
handgun ban was very strong. I know anti-gun folks who think owning a
handgun for home use is fine, while long guns are terrible. If the firearm ne
ver left the home, size would not be important. The law being put into
effect's emphasis was on concealed firearms carried by criminals, and long gun
s being cut down so they could be carried concealed under long coats.
Suppressors got thrown in not because gangsters owned them. They were more co
ncerned about poachers tresapassing and not getting caught.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net