From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/OTHETA (JIMMY ANDERSON)
To: MOONDOG
Subject: Re: New purchase
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 22:41:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: JIMMY ANDERSON - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 22:41 UTC

-=> MOONDOG wrote to ALL <=-

MO> Spring time is here, and I wanted to buy another hand gun, but didn't
MO> want to spend a bundle. I stopped by the local shop, and undere the
MO> glass in the used area was a Springfiueld XD Tactical in .40 cal. Most
MO> people prefer 9mm or .45, but I got into .40 cal because a friend gave
MO> me all his brass he was saving. He used to frequent a park that had a
MO> pistol range, and the rangers would sweepe up the brass and sort it
MO> while on fire watch. He gave me close t o 2000 spent .40 cases. I
MO> reload, so it's natural to use the free brass .

I don't reload (yet - maybe some day) but I like .40 as well. My EDC
is a Shield .40 first gen.

MO> The pistol was barely used, showed little to no wear marks, and had
MO> aftermarket tritium night sights. Not usre how old it is, or how much
MO> the life is on the tritium paint. Anyways, the sights are good in the
MO> daylight. The gun was priced for $299, which was hard to turn down. It
MO> came with a nice case with a cleaning kit and two mags.

WOW! Yeah, that would be hard to turn down!

MO> I stopped by the shop yesterday, and now there's a used full sized M&P
MO> 2.0 in .40 in the case. I have a pre-2.0 but like the enhancements
MO> they made. There's also an S&W SD 40 VE that looks lightly used, but
MO> maybe I'll wait before going on a spending spree.

Wife as an SD40VE as well - that was actually the first .40 I shot YEARS
ago!

I REALLY really like the feel of the full size M&P... Again, I carry a
Shield, but would love to have a full size with the flat trigger, etc.

I actually pulled out a Beretta 92FS today to try and thought about getting
a holster for it to carry, but not sure about the size compared to the
Shield... Wondering how it's going to 'poke.'

.... Thief steals calendar; gets twelve months.
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ The Minecraft Server @ 199.231.191.60