From: fusion@VERT/CFBBS (fusion)
To: Arelor
Subject: Re: D&D:Honor Among Thieves
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 15:34:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: fusion - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 15:34 UTC

On 20 Feb 2024, Arelor said the following...
Ar> The main cast of characters is more "diverse" than usual and the only
Ar> clearly straight white male is a loser. The film makers said it was a
Ar> deliberate decision, so there is a small woke factor, but you will only
Ar> notice if you go looking for it, which in this day and age is quite
Ar> bearable.

i think the reason it's good is they accidentally paralleled the old school 80s movies where the white male main character.. is a loser. ;) for it to be good propaanda, he'd have to truely ruin the story. instead it has cult classic vibes. especially because it likely wont get a sequel (victim of
covid, endless unfortunate release dates, etc)

* Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi

Re: D&D:Honor Among Thieves

<65D7DBDB.17888.dove-ent@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=943&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#943

From: arelor@VERT/PALANTIR (Arelor)
To: fusion
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 17:42:19 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Arelor - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 23:42 UTC

Re: Re: D&D:Honor Among Thieves
By: fusion to Arelor on Wed Feb 21 2024 03:34 pm

> i think the reason it's good is they accidentally paralleled the old school > use it likely wont get a sequel (victim of
> covid, endless unfortunate release dates, etc)

I think the film didn't do well in office because fantasy in general does very
poorly in office.

Well, some fantasy DOES well in office, but it is never the heroic type. Urban
fantasy used to have a decent shot at success, though.

D&D: Honor among Thieves had many things stacked against it that had nothing todo with release dates or the status of the economy. For starters, the trailers
I watched made it look like yet another superheroesque movie, of those people
is already tired of. Then there is the fact the former Dungeon and Dragons
movie was bad. No, it wasn't bad: it was a calamity only comparable to the
Second World War (fun fact, I liked it, but it was horrendous nevertheless).

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL