From: jahmas@VERT/ARCADIA (Jahmas)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Subject: Re: Network adapter / drivers
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 06:27:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: Jahmas - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 06:27 UTC

pF> > So it's next to impossible to install drivers for IBM Thinkpad in that,
pF> > there were so many made, the serial numbers are quite vast and far fetc
pF> > I reinstalled windows and, of course, cannot log on to even register th
pF>
pF>
pF> What model Thinkpad?
pF>
pF> In the old days, most Thinkpads had ethernet NICs supported by most
pF> OSes, so you could connect to the internet with an ethernet cable,
pF> download the System Update package, and run it. It'll go find all of the
pF> required drivers. ---
pF> ■ Synchronet ■ .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.

It's an old 2120 I believe. It's the small one covered with rubber cladding. I liked it because our PTs and OTs used to carry them in the field and I just wanted to ressurect it for some gaming use. I just reformatted the drive to delete an old version of Ubuntu and installed Windows 7 on it. The Windows works, just need to get it to hook up wirelessly. I did look into the Ethernet option because it's also void of an Ethernet adapter / driver yet I believe there are some proprietary choices in the driver selection. I will have a looksee, thanks!

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
* Origin: Arcadia BBS | Putnam, CT | bbs.arcadiabbs.com