From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: Jahmas
Subject: Network adapter / drivers
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 09:07:28 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 17:07 UTC

Re: Network adapter / drivers
By: Jahmas to All on Fri Oct 16 2020 06:11 am

> So it's next to impossible to install drivers for IBM Thinkpad in that,
> there were so many made, the serial numbers are quite vast and far fetched.
> I reinstalled windows and, of course, cannot log on to even register the OS.

What model Thinkpad?

In the old days, most Thinkpads had ethernet NICs supported by most OSes, so you could connect to the internet with an ethernet cable, download the System Update package, and run it. It'll go find all of the required drivers.
---
■ Synchronet ■ .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.