From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/OTHETA (JIMMY ANDERSON)
To: MOONDOG
Subject: Re: snobby
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 22:25:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: JIMMY ANDERSON - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 22:25 UTC

-=> MOONDOG wrote to JIMMY ANDERSON <=-

> Not just guns... I have an old Yamaha acoustic guitar that was made in
> 69. It's basically a copy of a D-18 Martin, and people at bluegrass jams
> will comment on the sound, and then they see the headstock and you can
> see the nose turn up cause it 'ain't a Martin...'

MO> Snobbery is universal. I can understand it somewhat. When one gets
MO> used to a premium product, everything else is "inferior" no matter it's
MO> strong or weak
MO> points.

Yeah, I get that. But when something is NOT inherently inferior, and
actually is a great example of being built well and works great and
people only turn their nose AFTER they see the brand... You know,
they wouldn't have known the brand by the quality.

.... It it ain't broke, let me have a shot at it.
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ The Minecraft Server @ 199.231.191.60