From: khronos@VERT/CWSHACK (Khronos)
To: All
Subject: Editing text in default Synchronet editor
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 20:27:04 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Khronos - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 00:27 UTC

Evening all,
I am having trouble editing text with the default editor when it comes to quoting.
I can get the editor to tell me what line numbers I wish to quote in my reply, but am unsure how to select these and include them in the body of my reply.
I am unsure if this is a problem with the screen reader I use and tracking the current place on the screen that I am at , or that I don't understand the functionality.
If possible maybe a short phone conversation or a screen share type thing might help me understand how to make quoting possible for me.

Thanks,
Tom

---
■ Synchronet ■ Cw Shack telnet kf4yey.com port 2330

Editing text in default Synchronet editor

<64391C82.45171.dove-syncdisc@endofthelinebbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=917&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#917

From: nelgin@VERT/EOTLBBS (Nelgin)
To: Khronos
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 04:27:30 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Nelgin - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 09:27 UTC

Re: Editing text in default Synchronet editor
By: Khronos to All on Thu Apr 13 2023 20:27:04

> I am having trouble editing text with the default editor when it comes to
> quoting.
> I can get the editor to tell me what line numbers I wish to quote in my
> reply, but am unsure how to select these and include them in the body of my
> reply.

[√] Quote original message? Yes

Line numbers (#,#), Range (#-#), List or [All]: Y

The instructions are there.
L to list lines. Enter a range, like 3-5 hit enter.
You can select a number of likes like 6,8,9

Then press enter by itself when you're done and your selected lines will be inserted into the message.

> I am unsure if this is a problem with the screen reader I use and tracking
> the current place on the screen that I am at , or that I don't understand
> the functionality.

Maybe. Does that help?
---
■ Synchronet ■ End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com

Editing text in default Synchronet editor

<64393CA0.1990.dove-syncdisc@kf4yey.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=918&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#918

From: khronos@VERT/CWSHACK (Khronos)
To: Nelgin
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 07:44:32 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Khronos - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 11:44 UTC

Re: Editing text in default Synchronet editor
By: Nelgin to Khronos on Fri Apr 14 2023 04:27:30

> The instructions are there.
> L to list lines. Enter a range, like 3-5 hit enter.
> You can select a number of likes like 6,8,9
>
> Then press enter by itself when you're done and your selected lines will be inserted into the
> message.

For my first edit I just included the entire message in my reply and hit control y to delete the lines I did not want.
I think I have a good starting point now.

---
■ Synchronet ■ Cw Shack telnet kf4yey.com port 2330