Timing must be perfect now. Two-timing must be better than perfect.

dovenet / Firearms / Llama

SubjectAuthor
* LlamaCougar428
+* LlamaMoondog
|+* LlamaArelor
||`- LlamaMoondog
|`* LlamaCougar428
| +* Re: LlamaWeatherman
| |`* Re: LlamaCougar428
| | `* Re: LlamaWeatherman
| |  `* Re: LlamaCougar428
| |   `* Re: LlamaWeatherman
| |    `* Re: LlamaCougar428
| |     +* Re: LlamaWeatherman
| |     |`- Re: LlamaMoondog
| |     `- Re: LlamaWeatherman
| `* LlamaMoondog
|  `- LlamaCougar428
`- Re: LlamaJimmy Anderson

1
Llama

<63A1AFEE.3665.dove-gun@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=908&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#908

From: cougar428@VERT (Cougar428)
To: All
Subject: Llama
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 21:51:58 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Cougar428 - Tue, 20 Dec 2022 05:51 UTC

I recently inherited a Llama .22lr 'Especiale' which looks like a small 1911 Colt. It has a mfg code of B1 which (I think) is 1956. It was used when my dad bought it in the 60's, but is in great condition.

Only came with one magazine and a leather holster. After cleaning it, I took it to the range and put about 50 rounds through it. It wasn't very accurate at long distances but did a 4" group at around 10 yards.

I used CCI copper jacket minimags (40 grain) and the pistol ran like a small sewing machine. After switching to some CCI lead jacket 22lr 40Gr standard velocity rounds, I noticed the weapon would occasionally fail to fully eject causing a stoppage. It was fun to shoot though.

Looking up Llama, apparently the company filed bankrupt in the late 80's or early 90's, but was bought by another company?

It's a great little plinker. Looks like they also made this model in different calibers. It's a nice compact 45 look alike.

Cougar

---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Llama

<63A2924A.2673.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=909&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#909

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Cougar428
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 16:57:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Tue, 20 Dec 2022 21:57 UTC

Re: Llama
By: Cougar428 to All on Tue Dec 20 2022 04:51 am

> I recently inherited a Llama .22lr 'Especiale' which looks like a small 1911
>
> Only came with one magazine and a leather holster. After cleaning it, I took
>
> I used CCI copper jacket minimags (40 grain) and the pistol ran like a small
> s fun to shoot though.
>
> Looking up Llama, apparently the company filed bankrupt in the late 80's or
>
> It's a great little plinker. Looks like they also made this model in differe
>
> Cougar

Walther (Umarex) makes a nice 7/8 scale Colt 1911 copy chambered for .22lr.

I used to read about Llama's in the gun magazines in the 1980's, but never
heard about them since the 1990's.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Llama

<63A2C146.842.dove-firearms@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=910&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#910

From: arelor@VERT/PALANT (Arelor)
To: Moondog
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 19:18:14 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Arelor - Wed, 21 Dec 2022 01:18 UTC

Re: Llama
By: Moondog to Cougar428 on Tue Dec 20 2022 11:57 pm

> Re: Llama
> By: Cougar428 to All on Tue Dec 20 2022 04:51 am
>
> > I recently inherited a Llama .22lr 'Especiale' which looks like a small 1
> >
> > Only came with one magazine and a leather holster. After cleaning it, I t
> >
> > I used CCI copper jacket minimags (40 grain) and the pistol ran like a sm
> > s fun to shoot though.
> >
> > Looking up Llama, apparently the company filed bankrupt in the late 80's
> >
> > It's a great little plinker. Looks like they also made this model in diff
> >
> > Cougar
> >

> Walther (Umarex) makes a nice 7/8 scale Colt 1911 copy chambered for .22lr.
>
> I used to read about Llama's in the gun magazines in the 1980's, but never
> heard about them since the 1990's.
>
> ---
> ■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Wrong. If you pay attention, I always keep talking about my Llama .38 :-)

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Llama

<63A4BC9D.733.dove-firearms@cjsplace.thruhere.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=911&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#911

From: cougar428@VERT/CJSPLACE (Cougar428)
To: MOONDOG
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 07:36:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Cougar428 - Thu, 22 Dec 2022 12:36 UTC

MO>Walther (Umarex) makes a nice 7/8 scale Colt 1911 copy chambered for .22lr.

MO>I used to read about Llama's in the gun magazines in the 1980's, but never
MO>heard about them since the 1990's.

MO>---
MO> ■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Hi there Moondog, I was unfamiliar with the brand until I got this one.
It was what my dad got my mother for personal protection while he was in
Vietnam. He bought it used, I had forgotten about it until my brother
asked me if I wanted it. The little research I did, I mentioned earlier.

Just wanted to poke my head in the Firearms message base. I also have a
Beretta Neos .22lr with a 4.5" barrel and a carbine kit with a 16"
barrel, and a Savage .22lr Carbine. Noting bigger (except a .410
Mossberg 500).

I don't have a carry license, just a target plinker with my small arms.

Cougar
---
■ SLMR 2.1a ■ We all live in a yellow subroutine.
■ Synchronet ■ CJ's Place, Orange City, FL - cjsplace.thruhere.net

Re: Llama

<63A62A0A.634.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=912&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#912

From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: Cougar428
Subject: Re: Llama
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 08:22:02 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 15:22 UTC

> MO>---
> MO> ■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

> Hi there Moondog, I was unfamiliar with the brand until I got this one.
> It was what my dad got my mother for personal protection while he was in
> Vietnam. He bought it used, I had forgotten about it until my brother
> asked me if I wanted it. The little research I did, I mentioned earlier.

> Just wanted to poke my head in the Firearms message base. I also have a
> Beretta Neos .22lr with a 4.5" barrel and a carbine kit with a 16"
> barrel, and a Savage .22lr Carbine. Noting bigger (except a .410
> Mossberg 500).

> I don't have a carry license, just a target plinker with my small arms.

> Cougar
> ---
I have a U22 Neos as well. Mine's got the 6" barrel. Fun little plinkster,
and a cool looking piece. Not many who see it will at first recognize it as a
Baretta.
Regards,
-==*>Weatherman<*==-

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

Re: Llama

<63A72F4C.3671.dove-gun@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=913&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#913

From: cougar428@VERT (Cougar428)
To: WEATHERMAN
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 03:29:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Cougar428 - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 11:29 UTC

Hi there Weatherman - I wish I would have opted for the 6" barrel, the
4.5" barrel is less accurate. If you like the accuracy of the 6" barrel,
you'd also like the carbine kit for it.

You take off the handle and the barrel, then replace the handle with the
carbine stock and the 16" barrel. Makes it much more accurate! It takes
about 5 minutes to do, but it's alot of fun to shoot.

Yeah, the NEOS looks kind of like a phaser pistol or something out of a
sci-fi movie. Fits my hand well and is alot of fun to shoot!

Cougar

WE>I have a U22 Neos as well. Mine's got the 6" barrel. Fun little plinkster,
WE>and a cool looking piece. Not many who see it will at first recognize it as
WE>Baretta.
WE> Regards,
WE> -==*>Weatherman<*==-

WE>---
WE> ■ Synchronet ■ The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY
---
■ SLMR 2.1a ■ Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: Llama

<63A86C1B.636.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=914&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#914

From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: Cougar428
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 01:28:27 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 08:28 UTC

> Hi there Weatherman - I wish I would have opted for the 6" barrel, the
> 4.5" barrel is less accurate. If you like the accuracy of the 6" barrel,
> you'd also like the carbine kit for it.

> You take off the handle and the barrel, then replace the handle with the
> carbine stock and the 16" barrel. Makes it much more accurate! It takes
> about 5 minutes to do, but it's alot of fun to shoot.

> Yeah, the NEOS looks kind of like a phaser pistol or something out of a
> sci-fi movie. Fits my hand well and is alot of fun to shoot!

> Cougar
Yeah, I've been trying to find the carbine kit for mine, but they're quite
difficult to find. I suppose I could look in the secondary market, but unless
I can touch, feel, see the item personally I tend to distrust the secondary.

The Neos IS definitely a fun little pistol. I like the full length rail, makes
it adaptable to so many optic options...

Hope your Christmas was a good one. Mine involved the brand names Ruger and
Buck, so I was quite pleased!

Regards,
-==*>Weatherman<*==-

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

Llama

<63A9F10C.2679.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=915&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#915

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Arelor
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 07:07:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 12:07 UTC

Re: Llama
By: Arelor to Moondog on Wed Dec 21 2022 02:18 am

> Re: Llama
> By: Moondog to Cougar428 on Tue Dec 20 2022 11:57 pm
>
> > Re: Llama
> > By: Cougar428 to All on Tue Dec 20 2022 04:51 am
> >
> > > I recently inherited a Llama .22lr 'Especiale' which looks like a smal
> > >
> > > Only came with one magazine and a leather holster. After cleaning it,
> > >
> > > I used CCI copper jacket minimags (40 grain) and the pistol ran like a
> > > s fun to shoot though.
> > >
> > > Looking up Llama, apparently the company filed bankrupt in the late 80
> > >
> > > It's a great little plinker. Looks like they also made this model in d
> > >
> > > Cougar
> > >

> > Walther (Umarex) makes a nice 7/8 scale Colt 1911 copy chambered for .22l
> >
> > I used to read about Llama's in the gun magazines in the 1980's, but neve
> > heard about them since the 1990's.
> >
> > ---
> > ■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
>
> Wrong. If you pay attention, I always keep talking about my Llama .38 :-)
>
> --
> gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

I mentioned the Walther because they are available and recent. I acknowledge
the of the Llamas in older magazines.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Llama

<63A9F25E.2680.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=916&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#916

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Cougar428
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 07:13:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 12:13 UTC

Re: Llama
By: Cougar428 to MOONDOG on Thu Dec 22 2022 02:36 pm

> MO>Walther (Umarex) makes a nice 7/8 scale Colt 1911 copy chambered for .22l
>
> MO>I used to read about Llama's in the gun magazines in the 1980's, but neve
> MO>heard about them since the 1990's.
>
> MO>---
> MO> ■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
>
> Hi there Moondog, I was unfamiliar with the brand until I got this one.
> It was what my dad got my mother for personal protection while he was in
> Vietnam. He bought it used, I had forgotten about it until my brother
> asked me if I wanted it. The little research I did, I mentioned earlier.
>
> Just wanted to poke my head in the Firearms message base. I also have a
> Beretta Neos .22lr with a 4.5" barrel and a carbine kit with a 16"
> barrel, and a Savage .22lr Carbine. Noting bigger (except a .410
> Mossberg 500).
>
> I don't have a carry license, just a target plinker with my small arms.
>
> Cougar

I alos have a 4.5" Neos. The longer barreled model, I think it was a 6"
barrel, looks cool. My only comlaint was roll pins walking loose. I've
hammered them in and added a bit of loctite on the rail pins. The carbine
kit looks interesting.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Llama

<63AD98C7.3675.dove-gun@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=917&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#917

From: cougar428@VERT (Cougar428)
To: WEATHERMAN
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 01:24:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Cougar428 - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 09:24 UTC

Wow are you right! I did a quick search and it looks like these are
pretty hard to find, and when you do see them they are pricey.

Guess I made a good decision to get one back when I purchased the
weapon. Who would have known...

Cougar

WE>Yeah, I've been trying to find the carbine kit for mine, but they're quite
WE>difficult to find. I suppose I could look in the secondary market, but unle
WE>I can touch, feel, see the item personally I tend to distrust the secondary.

---
■ SLMR 2.1a ■ Unable to locate Coffee -- Operator Halted!
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Llama

<63AD98CF.3676.dove-gun@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=918&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#918

From: cougar428@VERT (Cougar428)
To: MOONDOG
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 01:36:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Cougar428 - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 09:36 UTC

I have never experienced the roll pins coming out, but I see from a
search that it is apparently a common issue and the cure is locktite.

I don't shoot mine that often so it may be an issue. I did note that the
site seems to loosen and move occasionally, so I have to move it back
and tighten it up.

MO>I alos have a 4.5" Neos. The longer barreled model, I think it was a 6"
MO>barrel, looks cool. My only comlaint was roll pins walking loose. I've
MO>hammered them in and added a bit of loctite on the rail pins. The carbine
MO>kit looks interesting.

MO>---
MO> ■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
---
■ SLMR 2.1a ■ This tagline is umop apisdn
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: Llama

<63AE100E.641.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=919&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#919

From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: Cougar428
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 08:07:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 15:07 UTC

-=> Cougar428 wrote to WEATHERMAN <=-

Co> Wow are you right! I did a quick search and it looks like these are
Co> pretty hard to find, and when you do see them they are pricey.

Co> Guess I made a good decision to get one back when I purchased the
Co> weapon. Who would have known...

Co> Cougar

Co> ---

Yeah, you definitely scored on that one. Hopefully I'll find the carbine kit
one of these days. Of course, probably the same day I find a C.O.P. 357 and
then I'll have a hard decision to make...

.... So easy, a child could do it. Child sold separately.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
� Synchronet � The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

Re: Llama

<63B437BC.3679.dove-gun@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=921&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#921

From: cougar428@VERT (Cougar428)
To: WEATHERMAN
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 01:42:00 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Cougar428 - Tue, 3 Jan 2023 09:42 UTC

WE>Yeah, you definitely scored on that one. Hopefully I'll find the carbine ki
WE>one of these days. Of course, probably the same day I find a C.O.P. 357 and
WE>then I'll have a hard decision to make...

Those COP Derringers are the bomb! I never thought of getting anything
bigger than a .22 for plinking. I did get a Marlin 336 lever action
chambered in 30-30, but wow the ammo was so expensive I sold it for what
I put into it.

That thing had a kick! Probably like the COP!

Are you a collector? What kind of firearms do you have besides the
Beretta (apologies if you already mentioned this)?

TTYL

Cougar
---
■ SLMR 2.1a ■ This tagline stolen by Silly Little Mail Reader!
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net

Re: Llama

<63B5C895.644.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=922&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#922

From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: Cougar428
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 04:42:29 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 11:42 UTC

> WE>Yeah, you definitely scored on that one. Hopefully I'll find the carbine
> ki WE>one of these days. Of course, probably the same day I find a C.O.P.
> 357 and WE>then I'll have a hard decision to make...

> Those COP Derringers are the bomb! I never thought of getting anything
> bigger than a .22 for plinking. I did get a Marlin 336 lever action
> chambered in 30-30, but wow the ammo was so expensive I sold it for what
> I put into it.

> That thing had a kick! Probably like the COP!

> Are you a collector? What kind of firearms do you have besides the
> Beretta (apologies if you already mentioned this)?

> TTYL

> Cougar
> ---
I don't know if "collector" is the proper designation. Perhaps "accumulator"
is more like it. "Collector" to me infers some sort of concentration in a
specific realm of firearms ownership. I'm kind of all over the place. I've
got most of my must-haves on my list, the COP has been on my RADAR ever since
the 1980s when I was a poor Airman in Florida and couldn't afford one to a
couple of years ago when I saw one at a local gun show and felt the $1200 would
be better spent.

I have basically one of just about every type of firearm. Single shot black
powder rifles and pistols, black powder revolvers, modern single and double
action revolvers, SA, DA and SA/DA pistols in a variety of calibers, milsurp
rifles and handguns, lever actions from .22 to .45-70. Just about every style
of shotgun... It's eclectic to say the least.

Regards,
-==*>Weatherman<*==-

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

Re: Llama

<63B5C9AB.645.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=923&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#923

From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: Cougar428
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 04:47:07 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 11:47 UTC

> WE>Yeah, you definitely scored on that one. Hopefully I'll find the carbine
> ki WE>one of these days. Of course, probably the same day I find a C.O.P.
> 357 and WE>then I'll have a hard decision to make...

> Those COP Derringers are the bomb! I never thought of getting anything
> bigger than a .22 for plinking. I did get a Marlin 336 lever action
> chambered in 30-30, but wow the ammo was so expensive I sold it for what
> I put into it.

> That thing had a kick! Probably like the COP!

> Are you a collector? What kind of firearms do you have besides the
> Beretta (apologies if you already mentioned this)?

> TTYL

> Cougar
> ---

In the previous replyy I said I had "one" of just about every type of firearm.
Should have phrased that differently. "At least one" would be more accurate.
For example I have at least eight lever action Henrys, six (I believe) of those
being tribute models that my wife absolutely HAD to have. Hell, I even have a
double-action multi-barreled manually indexed black powder revolver. Now try
to wrap your mind around THAT configuration! ;)
Regards,
-==*>Weatherman<*==-

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

Re: Llama

<63B608B8.2688.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=924&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#924

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Weatherman
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 11:16:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Wed, 4 Jan 2023 16:16 UTC

Re: Re: Llama
By: Weatherman to Cougar428 on Wed Jan 04 2023 11:42 am

> > WE>Yeah, you definitely scored on that one. Hopefully I'll find the carb
> > ki WE>one of these days. Of course, probably the same day I find a C.O.P
> > 357 and WE>then I'll have a hard decision to make...
>
> > Those COP Derringers are the bomb! I never thought of getting anything
> > bigger than a .22 for plinking. I did get a Marlin 336 lever action
> > chambered in 30-30, but wow the ammo was so expensive I sold it for what
> > I put into it.
>
> > That thing had a kick! Probably like the COP!
>
> > Are you a collector? What kind of firearms do you have besides the
> > Beretta (apologies if you already mentioned this)?
>
> > TTYL
>
> > Cougar
> > ---
>
> I don't know if "collector" is the proper designation. Perhaps "accumulator
> is more like it. "Collector" to me infers some sort of concentration in a
> specific realm of firearms ownership. I'm kind of all over the place. I've
> got most of my must-haves on my list, the COP has been on my RADAR ever sinc
> the 1980s when I was a poor Airman in Florida and couldn't afford one to a
> couple of years ago when I saw one at a local gun show and felt the $1200 wo
> be better spent.
>
> I have basically one of just about every type of firearm. Single shot black
> powder rifles and pistols, black powder revolvers, modern single and double
> action revolvers, SA, DA and SA/DA pistols in a variety of calibers, milsurp
> rifles and handguns, lever actions from .22 to .45-70. Just about every sty
> of shotgun... It's eclectic to say the least.
>
> Regards,
> -==*>Weatherman<*==-

Numbers to a gun owner are different than what non-gunners perceive. You can
own a .22, a shotgun, and a centerfire hunting rifle of some sort, then
soem would consider that quite a few. I use the golf club analogy. if you t
ell a golfer he should get by with one or two clubs, he'd laugh and explain
having a sand wedge is an essential club for your collection, it has one role
it does better than anything else. Shooting sports, hunting, and general
practice and plinking are more diverse than a sport such as golf, and the
variation between calibers and types of actions will vary greater.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Llama

<63B72C7F.628.dove-firearms@final-zone.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=938&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#938

From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/FINALZON (Jimmy Anderson)
To: Cougar428
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 06:29:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Jimmy Anderson - Thu, 5 Jan 2023 12:29 UTC

-=> Cougar428 wrote to All <=-

Co> I recently inherited a Llama .22lr 'Especiale' which looks like a small
Co> 1911 Colt. It has a mfg code of B1 which (I think) is 1956. It was used
Co> when my dad bought it in the 60's, but is in great condition.

<snip>

Very cool!!! I like odd stuff like that! :-)

.... Was Jimi Hendrix's modem a Purple Hayes?
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
� Synchronet � Final Zone BBS - final-zone.net - finalzone.ddns.net