From: ib.joe@VERT/JOESBBS (IB Joe)
To: Limawhiskey
Subject: Re: Carry Pistols
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2022 12:00:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: IB Joe - Wed, 7 Dec 2022 12:00 UTC

On 05 Dec 2022, Limawhiskey said the following...
Li> @VIA: FRUGALBB
Li> @MSGID: <638E7220.919.dove-firearms@frugalbbs.com>
Li> @TZ: 412c
Li> Those of you that carry, what do you carry or prefer? I find my
Li> G19 Gen5 is comfortable, however, somtimes I will carry a 1911 platform
Li> with 8rd mags and one round chambered. Only issue I have is finding a
Li> good holster for the G19. I still debate putting a light on it though.
Li>
Li> What is your carry of choice fellow DOVE Net users?
Li> ---

I use DA/SA hammer fire handguns for carry. I see that you use, at times, a 1911. The only reason I wouldn't carry a 1911 is that it's a single action trigger. You'd either have to carry it fully cocked or cock it before you need to use it.

I will be getting a Beretta PX4 Storm. It comes in 3 sizes, full, compact and sub-compact. You can have one in the chamber and use the de-cocker to relax the hammer back on to the pistol. De-cocking the gun will make it less likely that you don't shoot your own cock while you carry it around.

I've heard all the arguments about how striker fire guns are safe when they are holstered ... I just can't bring myself to carrying anything other than what I described above.

IB Joe
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of Joe's BBS
-=JoesBBS.com=-

.... Honk if you love peace and quiet!

* Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80