From: esc@VERT/MONTEREY (esc)
To: MRO
Subject: Re: ..the End of Targeted
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 11:21:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: esc - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 11:21 UTC

MR> i'm not arguing.
MR> <proceeds to type out a bunch of arguments>

:P

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
* Origin: m O N T E R E Y b B S . c O M

Re: ..the End of Targeted

<63F9902C.1419.dove-int@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=887&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#887

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: esc
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 15:35:56 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: MRO - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 21:35 UTC

Re: Re: ..the End of Targeted
By: esc to MRO on Fri Feb 24 2023 06:21 pm

> MR> i'm not arguing.
> MR> <proceeds to type out a bunch of arguments>
>
> :P

you're just seeing it as an argument.

answer me this: since facebook is full of young people who
want to make the world such a great place, why don't they hire women?

why is it mostly white males?
those are facts.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: ..the End of Targeted

<63F9A89D.5772.dove_dove-int@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=889&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#889

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: MRO
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 15:20:13 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Nightfox - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 23:20 UTC

Re: Re: ..the End of Targeted
By: MRO to esc on Fri Feb 24 2023 10:35 pm

MR> answer me this: since facebook is full of young people who
MR> want to make the world such a great place, why don't they hire women?

MR> why is it mostly white males?
MR> those are facts.

I'm not too familiar with Facebook's hiring policies, but I've been working as a software developer since 2003, and the whole industry is fairly male-dominated (at least, in the US). I doubt Facebook just doesn't hire women; it just seems that there are few women in the US who decide to go into tech jobs. I did work for one very large (multi-national) tech company and they did have women developers and engineers working there - but many of them were from other countries (mainly India or China).

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

Re: ..the End of Targeted

<63F9BA40.1424.dove-int@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=892&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#892

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: Nightfox
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 18:35:28 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: MRO - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 00:35 UTC

Re: Re: ..the End of Targeted
By: Nightfox to MRO on Fri Feb 24 2023 10:20 pm

> I'm not too familiar with Facebook's hiring policies, but I've been working
> as a software developer since 2003, and the whole industry is fairly
> male-dominated (at least, in the US). I doubt Facebook just doesn't hire
> women; it just seems that there are few women in the US who decide to go
> into tech jobs. I did work for one very large (multi-national) tech company
> and they did have women developers and engineers working there - but many of
> them were from other countries (mainly India or China).

Not everyone at facebook or any social media company HAS to be a white developer.

fb's demographics have been embarassing since the beginning.

the proof is in the pudding. and they have been using the same receipe for a very long time. women can do these jobs, it's sexist to think they cant. it's sexist to ignore the demographics that fb has adhered to.

But that's just one of my examples. fb is an evil company that wants everyone and everything's information. information is power. they also then want to take over the internet and then much more.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: ..the End of Targeted

<63FA0BC8.3331.dove-internet@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=894&group=DOVE-Net.Internet#894

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANT (Gamgee)
To: MRO
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 00:15:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Internet
 by: Gamgee - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 06:15 UTC

-=> MRO wrote to Nightfox <=-

> I'm not too familiar with Facebook's hiring policies, but I've been working
> as a software developer since 2003, and the whole industry is fairly
> male-dominated (at least, in the US). I doubt Facebook just doesn't hire
> women; it just seems that there are few women in the US who decide to go
> into tech jobs. I did work for one very large (multi-national) tech company
> and they did have women developers and engineers working there - but many of
> them were from other countries (mainly India or China).

MR> Not everyone at facebook or any social media company HAS to be a
MR> white developer.

MR> fb's demographics have been embarassing since the beginning.

MR> the proof is in the pudding. and they have been using the same
MR> receipe for a very long time. women can do these jobs, it's
MR> sexist to think they cant. it's sexist to ignore the
MR> demographics that fb has adhered to.

Maybe you'd have better luck convincing anyone of anything, if you
actually backed up your claims. What is the source of your "facts" that
you keep braying about? Where do you see these demographics? Show some
facts that indicate FB doesn't hire women or non-whites.

Until then, you're just blowing smoke, and it's not working.

.... He does the work of 3 Men...Moe, Larry & Curly
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL