From: fusion@VERT/CFBBS (fusion)
To: Phigan
Subject: Re: Which VPN?
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 22:26:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: fusion - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 22:26 UTC

On 05 Jul 2023, Phigan said the following...
Ph> Personally, I recommend against using torrents at all. All the stuff is
Ph> on usenet. It's just getting harder and harder to find and get stuff off
Ph> usenet these days, especially for free.

for movies i've gotten probably 2 of those emails from my ISP over the entire time they've been doing it, and each time it has been a movie that is currently in theaters or was just released on dvd/bluray. (Shazam! and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs lol)

only tv show i've ever had it happen with is Schitt's Creek. and funnily enough it only happened for the "crummier" copy of it (i ended up getting it twice cause h265 files aren't supported on the dvd player i sometimes use as a lazy data dvd-r player)

i guess what i'm saying is if you're smart and avoid brand new stuff for at least a little while (or if you have to, watch them on something like https://tinyzonetv.to/ https://sflix.to/ etc) it's very unlikely you'll ever
actually receive punishment .. which is only, at least for my ISP, being banned from having an account for xx amount of time..

* Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi