From: hollowone@VERT/BEERS20 (hollowone)
To: Feoh
Subject: Re: Any other Pythonistas
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 01:48:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Programming
 by: hollowone - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 01:48 UTC

Fe> If you don't code in Python, what programming language makes you happy?

I have Python book purchased about 10 years ago, when Python 3 was still a new thing. Never truly read it and I never had a use case when I was a regular programmer to test it. It was new fashion that people who crunch big data for some reason beloved.

I know that python is more a commodity to many today and Python 3 is the standard rather a curiosity, but as I'm retired into day-to-day programming and let my teams to decide on the languages, I see they still prefer:
- java for backend web/server development
- reactjs for front-end development, which is Javascript or Typescript in its core proposition
- C/C++ and C#/.NET is still in some trajectory
- but as a part of R&D and also my own hobby projects I test Rust, Crystal (Ruby, but native exes are produced from it) and ZIG, which is my recent discovery..

I find that every platform for programming over years becomes bloated and we keep reinventing the same wheel with new programming languages and approaches only to discover obviously that we want to keep things simple and previous iterations of the same shit implemented just did not know what simple is.. enough..

I call it a sick love we share in this industry to endlessly fix the same problems. Language selection ain't part of the resolution, by my managerial discovery.

-h1

.... Xerox Alto was the thing. Anything after we use is just a mere copy.

Re: Any other Pythonistas

<651C2893.759.dove-program@frugalbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=85&group=DOVE-Net.Programming#85

From: messi91q@VERT/FRUGALBB (messi91q)
To: hollowone
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 10:43:31 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Programming
 by: messi91q - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 14:43 UTC

er years becomes bloated and we keep reinventing the same wheel with new
programming languages and approaches only to discover obviously that we want to
keep things simple and previous iterations of the same shit implemented just
did not know what simple is.. enough..

---
■ Synchronet ■ Frugal Computing BBS - frugalbbs.com

Re: Any other Pythonistas

<651C5A78.946.dove-prg@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=86&group=DOVE-Net.Programming#86

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: messi91q
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 13:16:24 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Programming
 by: MRO - Tue, 3 Oct 2023 18:16 UTC

Re: Re: Any other Pythonistas
By: messi91q to hollowone on Tue Oct 03 2023 10:43 am

> er years becomes bloated and we keep reinventing the same wheel with new
> programming languages and approaches only to discover obviously that we want
> to keep things simple and previous iterations of the same shit implemented
> just did not know what simple is.. enough..

people would say that if you don't like it, make your own language. so they did.
---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::

Re: Any other Pythonistas

<6525D073.574.dove-program@bbs.alcatrash.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=87&group=DOVE-Net.Programming#87

From: zoaky@VERT/ALCABBS (Zoaky)
To: MRO
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 00:30:11 +0200
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Programming
 by: Zoaky - Tue, 10 Oct 2023 22:30 UTC

Re: Re: Any other Pythonistas
By: MRO to messi91q on Tue Oct 03 2023 13:16:24

lA MISPLACED CHILDHOOD... A CHILDHOOD THAT I THOUGHT WAS LOST!

---
■ Synchronet ■ AlcaBBS - bbs.alcatrash.org