From: arrl.de.wd1cks@VERT/WLARB (ARRL de WD1CKS)
To: QST
Subject: Missouri S&T Amateur Radio Club to Celebrate 100 Years
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 10:36:37 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: ARRL de WD1CKS - Fri, 27 Jan 2023 10:36 UTC

01/27/2023

The Missouri S&T Amateur Radio Club[1], W0EEE, at Missouri University of
Science and Technology (Missouri S&T), is gearing up for an early celebration
of their 100 years. Club President Morgan Lyons, KI5SXY, said the station first
went on the air in 1923 as the M.S.M Radio Club, broadcasting basketball games
from the Jackling Gym on the grounds of the Missouri School of Mines and
Metallurgy (MSM).

"The FCC was not around in 1923, but we believe the original M.S.M Radio club
used the call sign W9DUM," said Lyons. Then, between September 1937 and March
1938, W9EEE had been assigned to the M.S.M. Radio Club, and in September 1947,
the M.S.M Radio club was assigned the call sign W0EEE and changed its name to
the Missouri S&T Amateur Radio Club.

Missouri S&T Amateur Radio Club members operate from their shack. Photo
courtesy of Missouri S&T Amateur Radio Club.

The club now has 20 active members and over 300 alumni that regularly visit to
help support club activities.

The official date for the celebration in April has not been selected, but there
will be an open house and tour of the club's radio shack, and a special event
station.

The Missouri S&T Amateur Radio Club is an ARRL Affiliated Club. Students from
the club regularly participate in the ARRL Collegiate Amateur Radio Program[2]
-- which provides networking opportunities for students and their college radio
clubs.

[1] http://w0eee.mst.edu/
[2] http://www.arrl.org/WeWantU

---
■ Synchronet ■ Whiskey Lover's Amateur Radio BBS