From: esc@VERT/MONTEREY (esc)
To: MRO
Subject: Re: Lord Door Game
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 13:33:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: esc - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 13:33 UTC

MR> you can do a lot with lord.

Indeed!

I think the thing that's missing at present is what a good LORD setup with only good IGMs looks like. It reminds me of that scene in Borat where he's at the supermarket with all the different kinds of cheese...that's the world of LORD IGMs. So many of them are shit, and so many of them break core game mechanics. I'd love to find an installation of LORD that expands on the core game mechanics in the most fun and fair ways to keep the game interesting without going too far. Yet I haven't really seen that :/ But if something like that existed in, say, a doorgame server, with maybe the mzk addon, it would be an awesome game that people would likely play very competitively in.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
* Origin: m O N T E R E Y b B S . c O M

Re: Lord Door Game

<63C0090F.2930.dove-ent@bbses.info>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=861&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#861

From: mro@VERT/BBSESINF (MRO)
To: esc
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 00:20:15 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: MRO - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 06:20 UTC

Re: Re: Lord Door Game
By: esc to MRO on Wed Jan 11 2023 08:33 pm

> I think the thing that's missing at present is what a good LORD setup with
> only good IGMs looks like. It reminds me of that scene in Borat where he's
> at the supermarket with all the different kinds of cheese...that's the world
> of LORD IGMs. So many of them are shit, and so many of them break core game
> mechanics. I'd love to find an installation of LORD that expands on the core
> game mechanics in the most fun and fair ways to keep the game interesting
> without going too far. Yet I haven't really seen that :/ But if something
> like that existed in, say, a doorgame server, with maybe the mzk addon, it
> would be an awesome game that people would likely play very competitively
> in.

well some times the fun is in having a crazy game with lots of cheating.
so you have that game and then you have a clean game.

you can also do different menusets, different creatures and get some great igms. there was one igm where it was a doorgame made into an igm just to get the word out. that was very interesting. you can also write lord scripts and essentially have a game inside a game in that manner, too.

Seth was not a fish out of water when writing that game. he had a natural affinity for games and he understood what makes them work.

---
■ Synchronet ■ ::: BBSES.info - free BBS services :::