From: nelgin@VERT/EOTLBBS (Nelgin)
To: All
Subject: Re: Message reader
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2023 02:30:30 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Nelgin - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 07:30 UTC

On Sat, 8 Apr 2023 18:01:42 -0700
"Nightfox" (VERT/DIGDIST) <VERT/DIGDIST!Nightfox@endofthelinebbs.com>
wrote:

> Re: Message reader
> By: Khronos to Digital Man on Sat Apr 08 2023 06:28 pm
>
> Kh> Hi,
> Kh> A few bbs's that have the message reader I am talking about are:
> Kh> telnet hobbylinebbs.com
> Kh> telnet endofthelinebbs.com
> Kh> telnet palantirbbs.ddns.net
> Kh> telnet anarchybbs.com 2332
>
> Kh> All of these systems I can cycle between messages with my left
> Kh> and right arrow keys.
> Kh> On my system I have to use - to go to the previous message and
> Kh> enter for the next message.
>
> I know End Of The Line uses my Digital Distortion Message Reader
> (DDMsgReader.js), which is a custom message reader module. I tried
> logging onto Hobby Line (the first BBS in your list) and it looks
> like a Wildcat BBS, which would be something different altogether.

It says running on Wildcat! twice on the login screen, so I think
you're correct on that one :)

And yes, I'm using DDMsgReader. It's already available in /sbbs/xtrn so
you just need to follow the instructions to configure it to run and
tailor the theme to your liking.

You should also use DDAreaChooser too so that everything looks seamless
for your users. and ddlistlister I guess.

I've helped iron out a few bugs recently and it's really nice on my
board now.
--
End Of The Line BBS - Plano, TX
telnet endofthelinebbs.com 23