From: the.millionaire@VERT/TRMB (The Millionaire)
To: Hatton
Subject: Church Sound Board Picking up Radio
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 00:19:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Pro-Audio
 by: The Millionaire - Fri, 9 Jul 2021 07:19 UTC

> Back around Thanksgiving I helped our church identify and install a new video
> streaming setup... and became the de-facto operator of the system. Part of
> this also apparently included taking over the sound system as well.

> It's actually quite a nice setup, the main board is a Mackie DL1608 that we
> can control either by computer and there are a number of wireless and wired
> microphones. It's with the latter that I've found a problem.

> While remoted into the system I discovered that 4 of the longest wire-runs
> are somehow picking up a local radio station. I am able to mute them as they
> aren't currently used but need to figure out a way to get them back in
> service. The runs are roughly 90 - 100 feet each and I don't know what kind
> of wiring was used for them.

> Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on filtering out the signal?

> Thanks!
> Hatton

> ---
> � Synchronet � Three Corners and Beyond! http://3corners.us

I remember using my sister's record player in the basement of our house in
the olden days and got radio playing through it. Radio frequencies always
interfering with something else.

$ The Millionaire $
(Co-SysOp Of The Rusty Mailbox)

---
� Synchronet � The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada