From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/OTHETA (JIMMY ANDERSON)
To: MOONDOG
Subject: Re: Re:
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 06:37:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: JIMMY ANDERSON - Sun, 26 Jun 2022 06:37 UTC

-=> MOONDOG wrote to ARELOR <=-

MO> Regarding criminal activity with "ghost guns," they're not actual acts
MO> of viol ence. They are arrests of individuals who are prohibited from
MO> legally owning a firearm getting caught with one. Home made firearms
MO> are nothing new. The difference is people can buy CNC mini mills that
MO> fit on a table top that do all the precision work.

Much like 3d printers weren't a thing you could 'own at home' until just
a few years ago...

MO> Years ago I saw a builder's blog where the gunsmith bought a shovel at
MO> the local big box hardware store, and used a bending brake, a saw, a
MO> drill and a hammer cut and bend the shovel scoop into an AK receiver.
MO> Excess metal used t o create smaller pieces of the receiver that
MO> required welding in place. The buttstock was made from the handle.
MO> the rest of the gun was surplus parts that require no special paperwork
MO> to own. Most military arms made aroiund and after WWII were made of
MO> stamped pieces spot welded together. the complex parts were firing
MO> components, the bolt, and the rifled barrel.

Yep - a common 'concern' is that if they want to make 'any parts that can
be made into a gun' restricted then shovels, pipes, etc.

.... Taglines temporarily out of order. Please use your imagination...
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ Omicron Theta * Cordova, TN * winserver.org

Re: Re:

<62BF422D.858.dove-firearms@amigacity.xyz>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=832&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#832

From: bex@VERT/AMIGAC (bex)
To: JIMMY ANDERSON
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 03:40:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: bex - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 03:40 UTC

-=> JIMMY ANDERSON wrote to MOONDOG <=-

-=> MOONDOG wrote to ARELOR <=-

MO> legally owning a firearm getting caught with one. Home made firearms
MO> are nothing new. The difference is people can buy CNC mini mills that
MO> fit on a table top that do all the precision work.

JA> Much like 3d printers weren't a thing you could 'own at home' until
JA> just a few years ago...

Well.... if you consider 14 years "just a few years ago". Darwin's RepRap
printer was released in 2008.

--
Brightening the BBS world since 1990
- Bex <3

.... Direct from the Ministry of Silly Walks
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.49
� Synchronet � Amiga City - The BBS for the Amiga - more than 4,000+ files