From: paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 (paulie420)
To: Nelgin
Subject: Re: Sixel stuff
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 11:43:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript
 by: paulie420 - Tue, 27 Sep 2022 11:43 UTC

Ne> > Great use of SIXEL and displaying something thats not only static - tha
Ne> > changes daily. I've grabbed and archived nasa.tar.bz and appreciate che
Ne> > out your project.
Ne>
Ne> Did you have any luck with this?
Ne>
Ne> Once thing I found is that the picture of the day is sometimes a video,
Ne> so you have to check that. I'll upload an updated version in the next
Ne> day or two, there's another issue I want to sort out.

So I don't have anything that changes daily - I was w0rking on a project that took retro magazines in .PDF format and auto-formats them and displays in SIX... I got stuck up because I can't display TWO SIX files side-by-side - when you write a SIX 'over top' another SIX, there is dithering b/c of the way SIX files are drawn on screen...

HOWEVER, I also have played around w/ animations (animated GIFs, converting video to GIF and then SIX...) and video. There is an FFMPEG-SIXEL project on github that is promising...

At any rate, I thought the NASA pic of the day was really awesome for displaying using SIX; and I bet with some tweaking, if one wanted, you could get the other formats converted - its just a pain.

Scripts = <3

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
|08.........

Re: Sixel stuff

<6333D60C.1282.dove-syncjs@endofthelinebbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=824&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript#824

From: nelgin@VERT/EOTLBBS (Nelgin)
To: paulie420
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 17:05:16 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Javascript
 by: Nelgin - Tue, 27 Sep 2022 22:05 UTC

Re: Re: Sixel stuff
By: paulie420 to Nelgin on Tue Sep 27 2022 18:43:00

> HOWEVER, I also have played around w/ animations (animated GIFs, converting
> video to GIF and then SIX...) and video. There is an FFMPEG-SIXEL project on
> github that is promising...

Sounds interesting, but I hate to think how much data that would consume.

> At any rate, I thought the NASA pic of the day was really awesome for
> displaying using SIX; and I bet with some tweaking, if one wanted, you could
> get the other formats converted - its just a pain.

As far as graphics so, should be easy. ImageMagick provides a lot of conversion tools.

Thanks,
Nigel
---
■ Synchronet ■ End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com