From: paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 (paulie420)
To: Digital Man
Subject: Re: Synchronet 3.20
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 17:57:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: paulie420 - Wed, 5 Apr 2023 17:57 UTC

DM> > Where do I get the most current info about Sync? Install, etc.
DM>
DM> wiki.synchro.net
DM>
DM> www.synchro.net links to wiki.synchro.net for documentation. You're
DM> probably talking about instructions on wiki.synchro.net. What error did
DM> you encounter?

Ok; I did see wiki.synchro.net, but dunno if I used it for the install info...

It was just a [simple] build error. didn't save the log as I just killed the VM and thought I'd hit it tomorrow... think I used make SYMLINK=whatever and got an Errno2 - or some basic fail. I'm gonna hit it again w/ wiki.synchro.net.

Also, I was on Ubuntu server 22.04 which has also given some issues with other bbS software [as opposed to 20.04]; anyway, I'll be posting more questions as I get going.. I have a new idea that I wanna use Synchronet for - but hopefully it won't be installation questions.

Thanks dm.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
|08.........

Re: Synchronet 3.20

<642E1A44.49726.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=821&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#821

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: paulie420
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 18:03:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Thu, 6 Apr 2023 01:03 UTC

Re: Re: Synchronet 3.20
By: paulie420 to Digital Man on Wed Apr 05 2023 05:57 pm

There's no *other install info at www.synchro.net

> It was just a [simple] build error. didn't save the log as I just killed the
> VM and thought I'd hit it tomorrow... think I used make SYMLINK=whatever and
> got an Errno2 - or some basic fail. I'm gonna hit it again w/
> wiki.synchro.net.

Next time, copy paste the error message and the commands you typed.

> Also, I was on Ubuntu server 22.04 which has also given some issues with
> other bbS software [as opposed to 20.04];

Ubuntu 22.04 will work fine for Synchronet.
--
digital man (rob)

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #73:
SMTP = Simple Message Transfer Protocol
Norco, CA WX: 64.3°F, 39.0% humidity, 2 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net