From: paulie420@VERT/BEERS20 (paulie420)
To: All
Subject: Synchronet 3.20
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 22:06:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: paulie420 - Tue, 4 Apr 2023 22:06 UTC

Where do I get the most current info about Sync? Install, etc.

I went to www.synchro.net, but the instructions there caused a failure to build on standard Ubuntu server... I might be doing something wrong, but just wanna make sure I'm at the correct website.

I'm thinking of using Sync to create a retro-computer BBS. DOS, C=, Amiga - because if I remember correctly I can run all of these at once and prompt the user which will look correct on their hardware.

I run a Mystic bbs, but with my heavy modification the software isn't so friendly to period-correct retro hardware. I want to create a hardware friendly bbs using Sync.

Please gimme current info on what I should be following to install.. and, I'll surely be asking all the newbie questions in the weeks to come.

|07p|15AULIE|1142|07o
|08.........

Synchronet 3.20

<642D20AD.49723.sync@vert.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=818&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#818

From: digital.man@VERT (Digital Man)
To: paulie420
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2023 00:18:05 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Digital Man - Wed, 5 Apr 2023 07:18 UTC

Re: Synchronet 3.20
By: paulie420 to All on Tue Apr 04 2023 10:06 pm

> Where do I get the most current info about Sync? Install, etc.

wiki.synchro.net

www.synchro.net links to wiki.synchro.net for documentation. You're probably talking about instructions on wiki.synchro.net. What error did you encounter?

> Please gimme current info on what I should be following to install.. and,
> I'll surely be asking all the newbie questions in the weeks to come.

wiki.synchro.net :-)
--
digital man (rob)

Sling Blade quote #26:
Karl: kaiser blade, ax handle with long blade on it shaped kinda like a banana.
Norco, CA WX: 47.2°F, 63.0% humidity, 0 mph N wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
---
■ Synchronet ■ Vertrauen ■ Home of Synchronet ■ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net