From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: Nightfox
Subject: DDMsgReader update
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 09:44:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 16:44 UTC

Hey, NF --

DDMsgReader works on realitycheckBBS now with the new(ish) update. I
don't have the threaded version, but installed from the .zip files last
week.

I think the delay I was seeing was the time it takes to newscan areas
without messages. The new version prints scanning "(message area)..."
and takes about the same time to get to the message area with new
messages as it took with a blank screen before.

A little color tweaking to match my theme, and it's looking pretty good!
Thanks for all the work on it.

.... All of my certifications are self-signed.
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.

DDMsgReader update

<6428AE8F.83842.dove_sync@digitaldistortionbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=802&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#802

From: nightfox@VERT/DIGDIST (Nightfox)
To: poindexter FORTRAN
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 15:22:07 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Nightfox - Sat, 1 Apr 2023 22:22 UTC

Re: DDMsgReader update
By: poindexter FORTRAN to Nightfox on Sat Apr 01 2023 09:44 am

PF> DDMsgReader works on realitycheckBBS now with the new(ish) update. I

PF> I think the delay I was seeing was the time it takes to newscan areas
PF> without messages. The new version prints scanning "(message area)..."
PF> and takes about the same time to get to the message area with new
PF> messages as it took with a blank screen before.

PF> A little color tweaking to match my theme, and it's looking pretty good!
PF> Thanks for all the work on it.

Good to hear it's working. And yes, I wouldn't expect it to be faster; it's just printing the status messages so you can see which sub-boards it's scanning. For each sub-board, it looks through the messages to filter out messsages that have been marked as deleted (if you have it set to not show those), etc., and that seems to take a bit of time.

Nightfox

---
■ Synchronet ■ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com

DDMsgReader update

<64290131.66071.dove.sync@realitycheckbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=805&group=DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion#805

From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: Nightfox
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 21:14:41 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Sun, 2 Apr 2023 04:14 UTC

Re: DDMsgReader update
By: Nightfox to poindexter FORTRAN on Sat Apr 01 2023 03:22 pm

Ni> Good to hear it's working. And yes, I wouldn't expect it to be faster;
Ni> it's just printing the status messages so you can see which sub-boards
Ni> it's scanning. For each sub-board, it looks through the messages to filter

That makes all the difference in the world.

....Am I any closer to finding what I'm looking for?
---
■ Synchronet ■ .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.