From: hollowone@VERT/BEERS20 (hollowone)
To: Dumas Walker
Subject: Re: high crime areas
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 20:31:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: hollowone - Tue, 28 Mar 2023 20:31 UTC

DW> I think that Hustler and I are in agreement with you and do not
DW> understand why Google Maps no longer helps people avoid high-crime areas.

Just checked Seattle as example, but is not this kind of map and service usable to address your question: https://crimegrade.org/safest-places-in-seattle-wa-metro/

-h1

.... Xerox Alto was the thing. Anything after we use is just a copy.

Re: high crime areas

<6425912B.25848.dove-deb@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=791&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#791

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: HOLLOWONE
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 01:03:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: Dumas Walker - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 06:03 UTC

> DW> I think that Hustler and I are in agreement with you and do not
> DW> understand why Google Maps no longer helps people avoid high-crime
reas.

> Just checked Seattle as example, but is not this kind of map and service
sabl
> to address your question:
ttps://crimegrade.org/safest-places-in-seattle-wa-m
> ro/

Certainly. But if you are in a car and trying to get directions back to
your hotel, for example, you are depending on services like google not to
steer you through bad areas but they do now.

The ironic thing is that, in the particular case I am thinking of, not only
did it take me through a bad area, it took me out of my way to get there.
I later figured out I could have taken a left sooner and had a
straight-shot back to where I wanted to go. That would have also taken me
through a business and commercial area rather than a residential one.

* SLMR 2.1a * Humpty Dumpty was pushed! Well, I saw it on X-Files....

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP