From: hollowone@VERT/BEERS20 (hollowone)
To: Nightfox
Subject: Re: Microsoft
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 20:14:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: hollowone - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 20:14 UTC

Ni> I used Netscape for a long time as well, and I don't remember hearing
Ni> about it being ported to Java. And with that version of Netscape, I
Ni> don't recall needing to install the Java runtime to use it.

Yeah.. I keep searching for some reference, but it seems that my mind's boggled. Apologies for confusion. But still I remember it was slow like hell, that sticks.

-h1

.... Xerox Alto was the thing. Anything after we use is just a copy.

Re: Microsoft

<641F2EE5.20768.dove.debate@realitycheckbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=787&group=DOVE-Net.Debate#787

From: poindexter.fortran@VERT/REALITY (poindexter FORTRAN)
To: hollowone
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 01:17:00 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Debate
 by: poindexter FORTRAN - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 08:17 UTC

-=> hollowone wrote to Nightfox <=-

Ni> I used Netscape for a long time as well, and I don't remember hearing
Ni> about it being ported to Java. And with that version of Netscape, I
Ni> don't recall needing to install the Java runtime to use it.

ho> Yeah.. I keep searching for some reference, but it seems that my mind's
ho> boggled. Apologies for confusion. But still I remember it was slow like
ho> hell, that sticks.

I don't think it was ported to Java, but Netscape devceloped Javascript
(no relation) to extend what was mostly static web sites way back when.

.... IN CASE OF EMERGENCY DIAL 0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
� Synchronet � .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.