From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/OTHETA (JIMMY ANDERSON)
To: MOONDOG
Subject: Re: 30 super carry
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 15:36:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: JIMMY ANDERSON - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 15:36 UTC

-=> MOONDOG wrote to JIMMY ANDERSON <=-

> MO> Regarding reloading, I wonder if the 110gr bullets used for reloading
> MO> .30 carbine would work for plinking ammo?
>
> I don't currently reload, but been interested. Might be a good one
> to learn on? :-)
>
MO> Pistol cartridges are easy to start with. Since there is no bottleneck
MO> to wor ry about,you can buy carbide dies and not worry about sizing
MO> lube.

<snipped lots of GREAT info!!!>

WOW! Thank you! Since I've not done any loading, I wasn't sure what all
would be required... I've been saving the .45 Colt brass from my wife's
Judge, in the event that I load some 'cowboy rounds,' so sounds like
those would be decent to do as well (straight walled).

Thank you for the info! Gave me a lot to chew on!

.... I'm always late. My ancestors arrived on the Juneflower.
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ Omicron Theta * Cordova, TN * winserver.org

Re: 30 super carry

<61FF2846.2549.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=785&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#785

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: JIMMY ANDERSON
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 13:45:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 18:45 UTC

Re: Re: 30 super carry
By: JIMMY ANDERSON to MOONDOG on Sun Jan 30 2022 10:36 pm

> -=> MOONDOG wrote to JIMMY ANDERSON <=-
>

> > MO> Regarding reloading, I wonder if the 110gr bullets used for reloadin
> > MO> .30 carbine would work for plinking ammo?
> >
> > I don't currently reload, but been interested. Might be a good one
> > to learn on? :-)
> >
> MO> Pistol cartridges are easy to start with. Since there is no bottleneck
> MO> to wor ry about,you can buy carbide dies and not worry about sizing
> MO> lube.
>
> <snipped lots of GREAT info!!!>
>
> WOW! Thank you! Since I've not done any loading, I wasn't sure what all
> would be required... I've been saving the .45 Colt brass from my wife's
> Judge, in the event that I load some 'cowboy rounds,' so sounds like
> those would be decent to do as well (straight walled).
>
> Thank you for the info! Gave me a lot to chew on!
>

> ... I'm always late. My ancestors arrived on the Juneflower.

The RCBS Rebel Plus reloading kit has all you need to start. A scale is
important, and the cheaper kits do not come with one. Well, Lee has a kit
with ascale which is cheaper, however the RCBS press and equipment is better
built. I have some Lee items and they'll do the job, but the RCBS stuff
feels more solid and will last longer.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net