From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/OTHETA (JIMMY ANDERSON)
To: ALL
Subject: 30 super carry
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 12:38:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: JIMMY ANDERSON - Wed, 19 Jan 2022 12:38 UTC

Any thoughts on this newly annouced cartridge?

My EDC is a .40 Shield and I have been interested in
swapping to a micro 9 to get the much higher capacity...

My wife has a SIG 365 XL w/a Romeo Zero, so whatever
I get I want it to have a flat trigger and a plate
for red dot. I finally put my hands on a Taurus G4
yesterday and a Shield Plus. After carrying the
Shield, the Shield Plus 'felt' better than the Taurus,
so I am leaning that way...

I like my wife's SIG, but the Shield fits my hand a
little better. Then today, Smith annouces on Twitter
that the link to the 30 super carry pistols, including
the Shield Plus holding FIFTEEN rounds and the EZ
holding 10. I'm highly impressed! :-)

.... Yes, but you're taking the universe out of context.
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ Omicron Theta * Cordova, TN * winserver.org

Re: 30 super carry

<61E9915F.703.dove-firearms@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=777&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#777

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANT (Gamgee)
To: JIMMY ANDERSON
Subject: Re: 30 super carry
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 03:43:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Gamgee - Thu, 20 Jan 2022 09:43 UTC

-=> JIMMY ANDERSON wrote to ALL <=-

JA> Any thoughts on this newly annouced cartridge?

JA> My EDC is a .40 Shield and I have been interested in
JA> swapping to a micro 9 to get the much higher capacity...

I think that's a smart move.

JA> My wife has a SIG 365 XL w/a Romeo Zero, so whatever
JA> I get I want it to have a flat trigger and a plate
JA> for red dot. I finally put my hands on a Taurus G4
JA> yesterday and a Shield Plus. After carrying the
JA> Shield, the Shield Plus 'felt' better than the Taurus,
JA> so I am leaning that way...

My opinion is that the Shield is a FAR superior gun.

JA> I like my wife's SIG, but the Shield fits my hand a
JA> little better. Then today, Smith annouces on Twitter
JA> that the link to the 30 super carry pistols, including
JA> the Shield Plus holding FIFTEEN rounds and the EZ
JA> holding 10. I'm highly impressed! :-)

I'm also interested in the Shield Plus in this caliber. Currently I'm
using the Shield Plus in 9mm, which holds 10 rounds in the small
magazine and 13 in the large. I only carry it with the smaller mag
though. My only concern is the comparison between ballistics on the 9mm
vs the 30 Super Carry ... I've always believed, for example, that the
..380 is underpowered for carry use and would never use one. The 30SC
has a lighter bullet and decent speed, so the energy is close to the
9mm, and it might be the sweet spot in that regard. Going to wait a bit
and read up on real-world usage and reviews on the caliber.

Another possible contender is the brand new S&W 'CSX' pistol which is an
all-steel hammer gun, even smaller than the Shield, and also in 30SC...

.... Smith & Wesson: The ORIGINAL point-and-click interface.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

30 super carry

<61EB8C4E.2544.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=780&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#780

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: JIMMY ANDERSON
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 16:47:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 21:47 UTC

Re: 30 super carry
By: JIMMY ANDERSON to ALL on Wed Jan 19 2022 07:38 pm

> Any thoughts on this newly annouced cartridge?
>
> My EDC is a .40 Shield and I have been interested in
> swapping to a micro 9 to get the much higher capacity...
>
> My wife has a SIG 365 XL w/a Romeo Zero, so whatever
> I get I want it to have a flat trigger and a plate
> for red dot. I finally put my hands on a Taurus G4
> yesterday and a Shield Plus. After carrying the
> Shield, the Shield Plus 'felt' better than the Taurus,
> so I am leaning that way...
>
> I like my wife's SIG, but the Shield fits my hand a
> little better. Then today, Smith annouces on Twitter
> that the link to the 30 super carry pistols, including
> the Shield Plus holding FIFTEEN rounds and the EZ
> holding 10. I'm highly impressed! :-)
>

> ... Yes, but you're taking the universe out of context.

I haven't looked into any reviews on the new cartridge, but it looks like ligh
t, fast bullet. 100 grain at 1215fps. 12 rds fitting in the space 10 rounds
of 9mm take up. Choice of defensive projectile shouldn't be too hard.

Regarding reloading, I wonder if the 110gr bullets used for reloading .30
carbine would work for plinking ammo?

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net