From: bencollver@VERT/CASTLERO (bencollver)
To: All
Subject: PostBot homebrew retro-ga
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 13:56:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hobbies
 by: bencollver - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 13:56 UTC

Today i discovered PostBot, a free, homebrew game for the GameBoy and
emulators. It made for a fun rainy-day activity. The premise of the
game is that you are programming a robot to maneuver around obstacles
and deliver mail to mailboxes. The game has eight levels, each level
progressively more difficult than the prior level. The robot has six
operations: turn left, turn right, move forward, deliver mail, do F1,
and do F2. The main program has space for 10 operations. F2&F2 each
have space for 5 operations, and recursion is allowed. Clear a level
by delivering mail to every mailbox on that level.

The game can be played in a browser-based GameBoy emulator, and there
is also an option to download the ROM, which is roughly 64KB in size.
I played it in the zboy emulator on FreeDOS. For download links, see
below.

https://github.com/MasterIV/PostBot

http://rojahn.org/games/postbot/PostBot.gb

http://zboy.sourceforge.net/

Have fun!
-Ben

.... Everyone smiles in the same language.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/09/07 (Linux/64)
* Origin: Castle Rock BBS - bbs.castlerockbbs.com

PostBot homebrew retro-ga

<6332D883.65.dove-hobby@tacopronto.synchronetbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=78&group=DOVE-Net.Hobbies#78

From: phigan@VERT/TACOPRON (Phigan)
To: bencollver
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 21:03:31 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hobbies
 by: Phigan - Tue, 27 Sep 2022 04:03 UTC

Re: PostBot homebrew retro-ga
By: bencollver to All on Wed Sep 21 2022 08:56 pm

> Today i discovered PostBot, a free, homebrew game for the GameBoy and

On the postbot page, the guy links to two places where you can play it in a web browser.. One of them has three other homebrew games.. I've been meaning to search for them to find roms of those as well.

Excellent find.

---
■ Synchronet ■ TIRED of waiting 2 hours for a taco? GO TO TACOPRONTO.bbs.io