From: rob.mccart@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Rob Mccart)
To: MIKE POWELL
Subject: Up, Up, and away, in my..
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 18:11:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: Rob Mccart - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 23:11 UTC

MP>The Pentagon also says it was a spy balloon. What would be ironic would be
>if it really was some sort of weather balloon that was being tested to see
>if it would make it all the way back to China after circling the globe. I
>doubt that is the case but it would be ironic.

They were saying today that a similar one was spotted over South America as
well. They had photos on the news, not nearly as pretty as the US photos
of 'theirs', but I haven't heard if that second one has been shot down or
not yet. It appears it was the USA who first spotted that one and
apparently China has admitted that it is theirs too.

---
■ SLMR Rob ■ ...I hit the CTRL key but I'm still not in control!
■ Synchronet ■ CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Up, Up, and away, in my..

<63E2C5D7.5435.dove-hlp@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=763&group=DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help#763

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: ROB MCCART
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 09:23:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Hardware_Software_Help
 by: Dumas Walker - Tue, 7 Feb 2023 14:23 UTC

> They were saying today that a similar one was spotted over South America as
> well. They had photos on the news, not nearly as pretty as the US photos
> of 'theirs', but I haven't heard if that second one has been shot down or
> not yet. It appears it was the USA who first spotted that one and
> apparently China has admitted that it is theirs too.

I wondered about that. Since (I think!) the jet stream south of the
Equator moves East to West, I wonder how it got there and where it was
launched from?

* SLMR 2.1a * I am Drunk of Borg. Resistance is floor tile!

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP