From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/OTHETA (JIMMY ANDERSON)
To: MOONDOG
Subject: Re: SHIELD PLUS
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 08:12:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: JIMMY ANDERSON - Mon, 8 Nov 2021 08:12 UTC

-=> MOONDOG wrote to GAMGEE <=-

MO> Last time I checked, a factory 9mm barrel for my M&P compact was $85.
MO> A Storm Lake barrel costs $179. In good times when a box of 50 rounds
MO> of 9mm was right around $10-12, either price isn't that bad for
MO> allowing someone to make their pistil into a modular platform.

MO> Regarding training with sub calibers, the idea isn't new. Uncommon,
MO> maybe. It's an alternative to dry firing, where you get the feel of the
MO> gun and the trigger pull without seeing the effects of pulling the
MO> trigger. I saw one dry fire simulator that involves a barrel insert
MO> that connects to your phne via bluetooth, and it detects movements such
MO> as jerking the trigger through the use of motion sensors. The display
MO> on your phone will show you a graph of how the pistol reacted as you
MO> pulled the trigger.

MO> Regardless the method, it's all about muscle memory and training your
MO> eyes and
MO> hands to bring up the gun and align the sights with the least amount
MO> of wasted steps.

To add to that, I'm not 'training' to shoot groups - I'm shooting at
various metal plates - different sizes at different ranges - and I'm not
concerned with bullseye, but 'getting the shot on target' - and that target
is either a head size circle or a torso size rectangle.

.... Hookd on foniks wurkd for mee!
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ Omicron Theta *Cordova, TN * winserver.org

Re: SHIELD PLUS

<618A7923.690.dove-firearms@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=764&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#764

From: gamgee@VERT/PALANT (Gamgee)
To: JIMMY ANDERSON
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 00:33:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Gamgee - Tue, 9 Nov 2021 06:33 UTC

-=> JIMMY ANDERSON wrote to MOONDOG <=-

MO> Regardless the method, it's all about muscle memory and training your
MO> eyes and hands to bring up the gun and align the sights with the least
MO> amount of wasted steps.

JA> To add to that, I'm not 'training' to shoot groups - I'm shooting
JA> at various metal plates - different sizes at different ranges -
JA> and I'm not concerned with bullseye, but 'getting the shot on
JA> target' - and that target is either a head size circle or a torso
JA> size rectangle.

Ever heard the term "aim small, miss small"? Google it. It's valid.

.... Post may contain information unsuitable for overly sensitive persons.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: SHIELD PLUS

<618B3B2A.2529.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=765&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#765

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Gamgee
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 15:23:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Tue, 9 Nov 2021 20:23 UTC

Re: Re: SHIELD PLUS
By: Gamgee to JIMMY ANDERSON on Tue Nov 09 2021 07:33 am

> -=> JIMMY ANDERSON wrote to MOONDOG <=-
>
> MO> Regardless the method, it's all about muscle memory and training your
> MO> eyes and hands to bring up the gun and align the sights with the least
> MO> amount of wasted steps.
>
> JA> To add to that, I'm not 'training' to shoot groups - I'm shooting
> JA> at various metal plates - different sizes at different ranges -
> JA> and I'm not concerned with bullseye, but 'getting the shot on
> JA> target' - and that target is either a head size circle or a torso
> JA> size rectangle.
>
> Ever heard the term "aim small, miss small"? Google it. It's valid.
>

> ... Post may contain information unsuitable for overly sensitive persons.

Steel Challenge is more about ringing steel fast versus placing holes in the
x-ring. A certain amount of precision is required to hit various sized
plates at various ranges. That much is granted.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net