From: jimmy.anderson@VERT/OTHETA (JIMMY ANDERSON)
To: GAMGEE
Subject: Re: SHIELD PLUS
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 08:08:00 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: JIMMY ANDERSON - Mon, 8 Nov 2021 08:08 UTC

-=> GAMGEE wrote to MOONDOG <=-

-=> Moondog wrote to Gamgee <=-

> I carried a regular Shield 9 for a long while and about a year ago got
> the Plus model. There is virtually no difference in physical
> dimensions, just a very small bit wider on the grip, not really
> noticeable at all. The Plus has a much more textured grip surface, it's
> almost like sandpaper, which results in a solid/firm hold on it. The
> increased magazine capacity is a huge bonus and gives peace of mind. I
> highly recommend it. I've always thought a .40 cal in a handgun this
> small is on the borderline of too "snappy" for effective follow-up
> shots. With today's modern ammo, 9mm is perfectly adequate. The Plus
> fits and works fine with all existing holsters made for the original
> Shield.

Mo> I've read the frames are very similar in size between the 9 and
Mo> 40 M&P;s and t he 40 can accep the 9mm barrel and mags. I'm
Mo> considering getting a 9mm barrel for lighter practicing loads

GA> A quick Google search shows mixed answers/results on that question.
GA> Personally I would never do such a thing. For one reason, the point of
GA> aim would be different because of the different ballistics. Doesn't
GA> really make any sense. If you can't practice with a .40, why carry a
GA> .40? If it's too heavy of a cartridge for you, sell it and buy a 9.

To me, it's like putting a .22 barrel, etc. on an AR or a 1911... I don't
begrudge someone for doing so, of course, to each his own. I may get to
a point where I do something like that, but for now I'm not going to convert
mine.

I did thing about, at one time, getting a .357 SIG barrel for my .40, since
the magazines are the same, but decided it wasn't worth the effort for a
POSSIBLE increase in 'power.'

But still thinking of going to the PLUS, even though it's a smaller
round...

.... Chain Tagline - Stolen 385 times - Add one when stolen.
--- MultiMail/Mac v0.52
■ wcQWK 8.0 ≈ Omicron Theta *Cordova, TN * winserver.org