From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: All
Subject: RIA shotguns
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:31:27 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 01:31 UTC

A local farm good store recently had what I thought was a decent deal on arms. Rock Island Armory 1911-FS for $550 ($50 off) and they threw in an RIA Meriva 12-gauge pump and $50 rebate to sweeten the deal. On the next page of the circular, an RIA VRBP-100 12 gauge bullpup semi-auto for $400 with the option of five free 9 round mags (the gun comes with two five rounders).

Well, obviously couldn't resist THAT kind of deal - even if it meant passing up some of the other deals in the circular.

So, shot both the shotguns yesterday. The Meriva is punishing to say the least. Lightweight receiver, pump action, composite stock. This thing will pound you to hell. It was difficult to hold on to the forestock with each shot. It did what it was designed to do, however, and functioned flawlessly.

The bullpup was fun to shoot. The recoil was stout, but not like the Meriva's. Much less barrel rise, the recoil impulse was straight back. Followup shots were quick and easy and 2 liter bottles and 3 inch clays on stands didn't have a chance at 20 yards with the modified cylinder choke. The gun is new and the shells seemed to have a rather "proud" rim, so there WERE the occassional failures to eject, but the gun is still being broken in. The bullpup has a barrel a full 1.5" longer than its cousin the Meriva, but is a good eight to nine inches shorter. With a rail on top and a rail on the right hand side, this baby can be set up with a light and optics. Also included with the VRBP-100 is a replacement forestock with a rail section on it so you can use a front vertical grip. I don't see that happening in my case, but it's an option.

Also included, a gas plug to switch between 2 3/4 and 3" shells, 3 choke inserts (full, modified cyliner, full cylinder), choke wrench and a spacer for the five round mag so you can use it for hunting.

So, I paid approximately $950, got a 1911 (which I will shoot soon, maybe even today), a 12 gauge semi-auto bullpup, and a 12 gauge pump, both shotguns tactical in design, along with a $50 rebate and five free 9 round magazines (those babies are $28 each, so we're looking at $130 in freebies!). Not a bad haul, I have to say.

Regards,
-==*>Weatherman<*==-

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

RIA shotguns

<6157B3D3.2497.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=733&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#733

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Weatherman
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 14:20:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Fri, 1 Oct 2021 18:20 UTC

Re: RIA shotguns
By: Weatherman to All on Sun Sep 26 2021 02:31 am

> A local farm good store recently had what I thought was a decent deal on arm
> -100 12 gauge bullpup semi-auto for $400 with the option of five free 9 roun
>
> Well, obviously couldn't resist THAT kind of deal - even if it meant passing
>
> So, shot both the shotguns yesterday. The Meriva is punishing to say the le
> signed to do, however, and functioned flawlessly.
>
> The bullpup was fun to shoot. The recoil was stout, but not like the Meriva
> ds with the modified cylinder choke. The gun is new and the shells seemed t
> he Meriva, but is a good eight to nine inches shorter. With a rail on top a
> n use a front vertical grip. I don't see that happening in my case, but it'
>
> Also included, a gas plug to switch between 2 3/4 and 3" shells, 3 choke ins
>
> So, I paid approximately $950, got a 1911 (which I will shoot soon, maybe ev
> , so we're looking at $130 in freebies!). Not a bad haul, I have to say.
>

> Regards,
> -==*>Weatherman<*==-

I've been seeing several bullpup semi -auto 12 ga out there made in Turkey,
but I'm tempted to pick up a Kel-Tec Ks-7 just for the wierd factor. A rail
costs $40, so I'm not stuck with just the funky rail sights it ships with.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

RIA shotguns

<6171D3DE.69.dove-firearms@centermass.solutions>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=735&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#735

From: riddick.valhalla@VERT/CMASS (Riddick Valhalla)
To: Moondog
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 06:55:58 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Riddick Valhalla - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 13:55 UTC

> Re: RIA shotguns
> By: Weatherman to All on Sun Sep 26 2021 02:31 am

> I've been seeing several bullpup semi -auto 12 ga out there made in Turkey,
> but I'm tempted to pick up a Kel-Tec Ks-7 just for the wierd factor. A rail
> costs $40, so I'm not stuck with just the funky rail sights it ships with.

> ---
> � Synchronet � The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Might as well just get a KSG at that point, there's no advantage to a KS7
compared to your regular old Remington/Winchester. You can't really "DO"
anything with it chokewise etc, so it's basically just a stovepipe shotty for
buck/slug use.

At least with a "proper" KSG you've got twice the ammo capacity in the same
length package. Ammo capacity and reloading is the big thing with shotguns
anyway. I liked mine, and intend to get another.

---
� Synchronet � Sent via: Centermass.Solutions

RIA shotguns

<61735A93.2500.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=736&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#736

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Riddick Valhalla
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 13:42:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Fri, 22 Oct 2021 17:42 UTC

Re: RIA shotguns
By: Riddick Valhalla to Moondog on Thu Oct 21 2021 01:55 pm

> > Re: RIA shotguns
> > By: Weatherman to All on Sun Sep 26 2021 02:31 am
>
> > I've been seeing several bullpup semi -auto 12 ga out there made in Turkey
> > but I'm tempted to pick up a Kel-Tec Ks-7 just for the wierd factor. A ra
> > costs $40, so I'm not stuck with just the funky rail sights it ships with.
>
> > ---
> > ¿ Synchronet ¿ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
>

> Might as well just get a KSG at that point, there's no advantage to a KS7
> compared to your regular old Remington/Winchester. You can't really "DO"
> anything with it chokewise etc, so it's basically just a stovepipe shotty fo
> buck/slug use.
>
> At least with a "proper" KSG you've got twice the ammo capacity in the same
> length package. Ammo capacity and reloading is the big thing with shotguns
> anyway. I liked mine, and intend to get another.

I already have several practical shotguns. A KS-7 or KSG would be one I
would buy for the weirdness/ coolness factor. Right now I'm more likely to
find a KS-7 in stock

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net