From: arrl.de.wd1cks@VERT/WLARB (ARRL de WD1CKS)
To: QST
Subject: ARRL Welcomes Director of Information Technology
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 12:36:19 +0000
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.HAM_Radio
 by: ARRL de WD1CKS - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 12:36 UTC

08/19/2022

ARRL[1]  The National Association for Amateur Radio¿ has announced the hiring
of Steve Berry, N1EZ, into the new position of Director of Information
Technology. He's from Bedford, New Hampshire, and has been a radio amateur for
45 years.

Berry began his 35-year IT career in software development within a wide range
of environments, from firmware to Unix device drivers and application
development. While working for AT&T Bell Labs (now known as Nokia Bell Labs) as
a network consultant, he built his first consulting firm focused on Unix
networking and electronic publishing.

After the acquisition of that firm, he worked in senior-level management
positions within systems integration and consulting organizations before
founding Strafford Technology in 1995.

Strafford offered Business Intelligence consulting services and eventually
focused on delivering Enterprise Performance Management solutions to Fortune
500 organizations based on Oracle/Hyperion technology.

In 2012, Berry and his team built the first Oracle Hyperion-managed application
hosting service on the Amazon Web Services platform. Strafford was acquired by
Apps Associates in 2020.

"I'm pleased to welcome Steve into this new role at ARRL Headquarters," said
CEO David Minster, NA2AA. "The position and its responsibilities are key to
helping us achieve ARRL's ongoing digital transformation for the benefit of our
members."

As Director of Information Technology, Berry is responsible for the overall
strategic and operational IT functions, including continuous evaluation and
execution of processes, systems, applications, and infrastructure. Berry
manages a team of professional IT contributors, including a development team
and project leaders. Together, they fulfill a variety of technology services
for the organization, such as corporate databases and systems, websites and web
services, server support, and coordinating outside suppliers of technology
services and contracted resources.

"I feel truly honored to give back to ARRL and the hobby. Both have done so
much for me, especially with the many friends I have made over the years and
the ham mentors who gave me a start in my career," said Berry.

[1] http://www.arrl.org

---
■ Synchronet ■ Whiskey Lover's Amateur Radio BBS