A team effort is a lot of people doing what I say. -- Michael Winner, British film director

dovenet / Firearms / Re: Breaking News

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Breaking NewsMoondog
`* Re: Breaking NewsWeatherman
 `* Re: Breaking NewsMoondog
  +* Re: Breaking NewsArelor
  |+* Re: Breaking NewsHusTler
  ||+- Re: Breaking NewsDumas Walker
  ||`- Re: Breaking NewsMoondog
  |`- Re: Breaking NewsMoondog
  +* Re: Breaking NewsDr. What
  |`- Re: Breaking NewsMoondog
  `* Re: Breaking NewsDumas Walker
   +- Re: Breaking NewsDr. What
   `* Re: Breaking NewsMoondog
    `* Re: Breaking NewsDumas Walker
     `* Re: Breaking NewsMoondog
      `* Re: Breaking NewsDumas Walker
       `* Re: Breaking NewsArelor
        +* Re: Breaking NewsMoondog
        |+* Re: Breaking NewsArelor
        ||`- Re: Breaking NewsMoondog
        |`* Breaking NewsJazzy J
        | `* Breaking NewsSys64738
        |  `* Breaking NewsMoondog
        |   `* Breaking NewsSys64738
        |    `* Breaking NewsK7elh
        |     +- Breaking NewsArelor
        |     `- Breaking NewsSys64738
        `- Re: Breaking NewsDumas Walker

Pages:12
Re: Breaking News

<611867CC.2433.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=669&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#669

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Dumas Walker
Subject: Re: Breaking News
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 14:03:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Sat, 14 Aug 2021 18:03 UTC

Re: Re: Breaking News
By: Dumas Walker to DR. WHAT on Sat Apr 10 2021 06:15 pm

> > JA> Have you contacted your Senators to oppose HR 8 and HR 1446 yet?
>
> > Oh, ya. But the Senators from Michigan are both hard lefties. One rode
> > Biden's scam to reelection this last year.
>
> > So I have no hope that they will listen to their constituents.
>
> You might remind them that there are a lot of people in Michigan that like
> to hunt.
>

> * SLMR 2.1a * So many messages ... So little time left.

The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting. The are gun enthusiasts
known as Fudds that believe only a narrow selection of hunting rifles should e
xist because that is what they specifically use. Some Fudds are as worse as
anti-gunners because they are too narrow minded to see the self defense and
other shooting sports and disciplines as on being any value.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Breaking News

<611A9878.385.dove-firearms@tlcbbs.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=670&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#670

From: weatherman@VERT/TLCBBS (Weatherman)
To: Moondog
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 03:55:20 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Weatherman - Mon, 16 Aug 2021 09:55 UTC

> Re: Re: Breaking News
> By: Dumas Walker to DR. WHAT on Sat Apr 10 2021 06:15 pm

yet?

> > > Oh, ya. But the Senators from Michigan are both hard lefties. One
> > > rode Biden's scam to reelection this last year.

> > > So I have no hope that they will listen to their constituents.

> > You might remind them that there are a lot of people in Michigan that
> > like to hunt.

> > * SLMR 2.1a * So many messages ... So little time left.

> The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting. The are gun
> enthusiasts known as Fudds that believe only a narrow selection of
hunting
> rifles should e xist because that is what they specifically use. Some
Fudds
> are as worse as anti-gunners because they are too narrow minded to see
the
> self defense and other shooting sports and disciplines as on being any
> value.

> ---
> ■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

I have firearms of all sorts, from single shot .22 rifles up to the evil,
scary "modern sporting rifle." Of all of them I have yet to find a
favorite to shoot. Depends on the type of shooting I feel like doing that
day.

The point is... there are a wide variety of shooting types, sports,
activities and disciplines. I enjoy most, if not all of them. It's my
RIGHT to be able to do so, and nobody has the RIGHT to restrict my ability
to enjoy them. As far as I'm concerned, every single firearms restriction
on the law books is unconstitutional. If you want to punish gun crimes,
make sentences more severe for the commission of a crime while using a gun.
If you want to limit a population's ability to protect itself, then you
make gun ownership more difficult...

Regards,
-==*>Weatherman<*==-

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Lost Chord BBS - Cheyenne, WY

Re: Breaking News

<61227DFB.2436.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=673&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#673

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Weatherman
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 05:40:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Sun, 22 Aug 2021 09:40 UTC

Re: Re: Breaking News
By: Weatherman to Moondog on Mon Aug 16 2021 10:55 am

> > Re: Re: Breaking News
> > By: Dumas Walker to DR. WHAT on Sat Apr 10 2021 06:15 pm

> yet?

> > > You might remind them that there are a lot of people in Michigan that
> > > like to hunt.
>

> > > * SLMR 2.1a * So many messages ... So little time left.
>

> > The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting. The are gun
> > enthusiasts known as Fudds that believe only a narrow selection of
> hunting
> > rifles should e xist because that is what they specifically use. Some
> Fudds
> > are as worse as anti-gunners because they are too narrow minded to see
> the
> > self defense and other shooting sports and disciplines as on being any
> > value.
>
> > ---
> > ■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net
>
> I have firearms of all sorts, from single shot .22 rifles up to the evil,
> scary "modern sporting rifle." Of all of them I have yet to find a
> favorite to shoot. Depends on the type of shooting I feel like doing that
> day.
>
> The point is... there are a wide variety of shooting types, sports,
> activities and disciplines. I enjoy most, if not all of them. It's my
> RIGHT to be able to do so, and nobody has the RIGHT to restrict my ability
> to enjoy them. As far as I'm concerned, every single firearms restriction
> on the law books is unconstitutional. If you want to punish gun crimes,
> make sentences more severe for the commission of a crime while using a gun.
> If you want to limit a population's ability to protect itself, then you
> make gun ownership more difficult...
>

> Regards,
> -==*>Weatherman<*==-

The other day I heard there were over 20,000 gun laws at the state level.
Instead fo creating new laws, I would advise they look at the exsiting laws
that are not working towards making people safe rather than create new laws
that hurt legal gun owners. The Second exists as part of our given right to
defend ourselves, and that's where it hurts me to hear folks who only believe
it was there because the founding fathers liked shooting squirrels or
punching holes in targets.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Breaking News

<6123636B.599.dove-firearms@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=674&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#674

From: arelor@VERT/PALANT (Arelor)
To: Moondog
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 20:59:23 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Arelor - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 01:59 UTC

Re: Re: Breaking News
By: Moondog to Weatherman on Sun Aug 22 2021 12:40 pm

> The other day I heard there were over 20,000 gun laws at the state level.
> Instead fo creating new laws, I would advise they look at the exsiting laws
> that are not working towards making people safe rather than create new laws
> that hurt legal gun owners. The Second exists as part of our given right to

Politicians meassure their productivity by number of enacted laws. That is how
they justify their existence to both their peer and their electors. "So far we
have passed this and that and that other law. We are working hard. Now we are
passing yet another."

This is why the number of laws is always increasing and never decreasing.

I suspect it is also an attempt at artificially inflating the economy. If you
have too many people on unemployment you may create a lot of laws that
generate the need for extra accounting in firms and families, so they need to
hire more accountants and lawyers.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: Breaking News

<612396BE.2100.dove-firearms@dmine.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=675&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#675

From: dr..what@VERT/DMINE (Dr. What)
To: Moondog
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 01:29:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Dr. What - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 05:29 UTC

-=> Moondog wrote to Weatherman <=-

Mo> The other day I heard there were over 20,000 gun laws at the state
Mo> level. Instead fo creating new laws, I would advise they look at the
Mo> exsiting laws that are not working towards making people safe rather
Mo> than create new laws that hurt legal gun owners.

But you need to remember that the PURPOSE of most of those gun laws is to
harass legal gun owners. Criminals don't obey laws (hence, the reason they are
criminals), so passing a law doesn't impact a criminal in any way.

.... I was on a roll, till I slipped on the butter.
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Diamond Mine Online BBS - bbs.dmine.net:24 - Fredericksburg, VA USA

Re: Breaking News

<61238FDE.492.dove-firearms@havens.synchronetbbs.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=676&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#676

From: hustler@VERT/HAVENS (HusTler)
To: Arelor
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 01:09:02 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: HusTler - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 05:09 UTC

Re: Re: Breaking News
By: Arelor to Moondog on Mon Aug 23 2021 03:59 am

Ar> This is why the number of laws is always increasing and never decreasing.

Ar> I suspect it is also an attempt at artificially inflating the economy. If you
Ar> have too many people on unemployment you may create a lot of laws that
Ar> generate the need for extra accounting in firms and families, so they need to
Ar> hire more accountants and lawyers.

If too many people are unemployed more of them may want to use guns. ;-)

|07 HusTler
Havens BBS
havens.synchro.net

---
■ Synchronet ■ Havens BBS havens.synchro.net

Re: Breaking News

<61240E93.2103.dove-gun@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=679&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#679

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MOONDOG
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 10:05:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Dumas Walker - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 14:05 UTC

> The other day I heard there were over 20,000 gun laws at the state level.
> Instead fo creating new laws, I would advise they look at the exsiting laws
> that are not working towards making people safe rather than create new laws
> that hurt legal gun owners.

Yes, but apparently it is easier for legislature critters to pass new laws
rather than determine whether or not some law they already passed actually
works. :(

> The Second exists as part of our given right to
> defend ourselves, and that's where it hurts me to hear folks who only believe
> it was there because the founding fathers liked shooting squirrels or
> punching holes in targets.

Just because someone points out hunting doesn't mean that is the only
reason they believe in 2A. Jumping on them for mention hunting is just as
short-sighted as those who think 2A is out-dated.

* SLMR 2.1a * A part of the 57% that -didn't- vote for Clinton. Twice.

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: Breaking News

<61240E93.2104.dove-gun@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=680&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#680

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: HUSTLER
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 10:06:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Dumas Walker - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 14:06 UTC

> If too many people are unemployed more of them may want to use guns. ;-)

And masks! :D

* SLMR 2.1a * Op'ti-mism n. 1. A Yugo with a trailer hitch

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: Breaking News

<6124EAC3.2107.dove-firearms@dmine.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=682&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#682

From: dr..what@VERT/DMINE (Dr. What)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 01:26:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Dr. What - Tue, 24 Aug 2021 05:26 UTC

-=> Dumas Walker wrote to MOONDOG <=-

DW> Yes, but apparently it is easier for legislature critters to pass new
DW> laws rather than determine whether or not some law they already passed
DW> actually works. :(

There's an ignorant belief among the politians that laws can make people do
things (like act against their self-interest). But there's an old saying:
If the only tool you have is a hammer, all problems look like a nail.

Then you add to that the Lefties will never admit that their solution was
wrong, so they will always double down on their failed solution.

.... "Leave my blouse alone! I said Spellcheck, not Spillcheck"
--- MultiMail/Linux v0.52
� Synchronet � Diamond Mine Online BBS - bbs.dmine.net:24 - Fredericksburg, VA USA

Re: Breaking News

<612AA8AB.2447.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=683&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#683

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Arelor
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:20:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 14:20 UTC

Re: Re: Breaking News
By: Arelor to Moondog on Mon Aug 23 2021 03:59 am

> Re: Re: Breaking News
> By: Moondog to Weatherman on Sun Aug 22 2021 12:40 pm
>
> > The other day I heard there were over 20,000 gun laws at the state level.
> > Instead fo creating new laws, I would advise they look at the exsiting la
> > that are not working towards making people safe rather than create new la
> > that hurt legal gun owners. The Second exists as part of our given right
>
> Politicians meassure their productivity by number of enacted laws. That is h
> they justify their existence to both their peer and their electors. "So far
> have passed this and that and that other law. We are working hard. Now we ar
> passing yet another."
>
> This is why the number of laws is always increasing and never decreasing.
>
> I suspect it is also an attempt at artificially inflating the economy. If yo
> have too many people on unemployment you may create a lot of laws that
> generate the need for extra accounting in firms and families, so they need t
> hire more accountants and lawyers.
>
> --
> gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

I attribute more laws are due to poor research. I helped out with a hunter's
education course a few years back, and mentioned to the conservation officer
some laws counter acted other laws. How do they expect an 11 y/o kid to apply
proper judgment when 2 laws conflict with each other? the officers are well
aware of it, and tell students to be able to explain why they made the
decision they made. That is where teaching the concepts of ethics comes in.
The ethical approach tends to side with the "spirit", or what was meant by
the law makers.

Getting old laws fixed also takes time and money. Unless you're rich or can
muster up enough momentum to gather larger number s of signatures on a
petition, you'll sound like every other schmo on a soap box.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Breaking News

<612AA961.2448.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=684&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#684

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Dr. What
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:23:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 14:23 UTC

Re: Re: Breaking News
By: Dr. What to Moondog on Mon Aug 23 2021 08:29 am

> -=> Moondog wrote to Weatherman <=-
>
> Mo> The other day I heard there were over 20,000 gun laws at the state
> Mo> level. Instead fo creating new laws, I would advise they look at the
> Mo> exsiting laws that are not working towards making people safe rather
> Mo> than create new laws that hurt legal gun owners.
>
> But you need to remember that the PURPOSE of most of those gun laws is to
> harass legal gun owners. Criminals don't obey laws (hence, the reason they
> criminals), so passing a law doesn't impact a criminal in any way.
>

> ... I was on a roll, till I slipped on the butter.

Pointing out the out of control law issue helps in bringing drawing the
attention of those who normally don't have an opinion unless someone is
grossly out of control.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Breaking News

<612AA9BC.2449.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=685&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#685

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: HusTler
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:25:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 14:25 UTC

Re: Re: Breaking News
By: HusTler to Arelor on Mon Aug 23 2021 08:09 am

> Re: Re: Breaking News
> By: Arelor to Moondog on Mon Aug 23 2021 03:59 am
>
> Ar> This is why the number of laws is always increasing and never decreasin
>
> Ar> I suspect it is also an attempt at artificially inflating the economy.
> Ar> have too many people on unemployment you may create a lot of laws that
> Ar> generate the need for extra accounting in firms and families, so they n
> Ar> hire more accountants and lawyers.
>
> If too many people are unemployed more of them may want to use guns. ;-)
>
> |07 HusTler
> Havens BBS
> havens.synchro.net

Another reason to keep and bear arms, and know how to use them.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Breaking News

<612AAC5B.2450.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=686&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#686

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:36:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 14:36 UTC

Re: Re: Breaking News
By: Dumas Walker to MOONDOG on Mon Aug 23 2021 05:05 pm

> > The other day I heard there were over 20,000 gun laws at the state level.
> > Instead fo creating new laws, I would advise they look at the exsiting law
> > that are not working towards making people safe rather than create new law
> > that hurt legal gun owners.
>
> Yes, but apparently it is easier for legislature critters to pass new laws
> rather than determine whether or not some law they already passed actually
> works. :(
>
> > The Second exists as part of our given right to
> > defend ourselves, and that's where it hurts me to hear folks who only beli
> > it was there because the founding fathers liked shooting squirrels or
> > punching holes in targets.
>
> Just because someone points out hunting doesn't mean that is the only
> reason they believe in 2A. Jumping on them for mention hunting is just as
> short-sighted as those who think 2A is out-dated.
>

> * SLMR 2.1a * A part of the 57% that -didn't- vote for Clinton. Twice.

To be clear, I don't jump on the hunting crowd. The few I do debate with are
those who do not believe there's any other reason why someone should own
firearms. I remind them the last time the US considered strict legislation
toward everything except a few simple hunting rifles and shotguns, they were
following the success the Germans were having in the 1930's. When
registration become confiscation, a single shot goose gun is just as menacing
to the eyes of an oppressor.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Breaking News

<612BA32E.2113.dove-gun@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=687&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#687

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: MOONDOG
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 02:46:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Dumas Walker - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 06:46 UTC

> To be clear, I don't jump on the hunting crowd. The few I do debate with are
> those who do not believe there's any other reason why someone should own
> firearms. I remind them the last time the US considered strict legislation
> toward everything except a few simple hunting rifles and shotguns, they were
> following the success the Germans were having in the 1930's. When
> registration become confiscation, a single shot goose gun is just as menacing
> to the eyes of an oppressor.

All of that is true. IIRC, the Brits cannot own much that isn't considered
a hunting arm. When I hear someone who is not 2A going on about how we
shouldn't have guns that carry X or more bullets, I think of the Brits and
believe I would rather have what we have than that.

Once upon a time I might have trusted our government to leave us alone if
all we had were hunting rifles but that time has passed.

* SLMR 2.1a * Tweety of Borg: I tawt I attimilated a Puddy Tat!

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: Breaking News

<61352584.2452.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=688&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#688

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 09:16:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 13:16 UTC

Re: Re: Breaking News
By: Dumas Walker to MOONDOG on Sun Aug 29 2021 09:46 am

> > To be clear, I don't jump on the hunting crowd. The few I do debate with
> > those who do not believe there's any other reason why someone should own
> > firearms. I remind them the last time the US considered strict legislatio
> > toward everything except a few simple hunting rifles and shotguns, they we
> > following the success the Germans were having in the 1930's. When
> > registration become confiscation, a single shot goose gun is just as menac
> > to the eyes of an oppressor.
>
> All of that is true. IIRC, the Brits cannot own much that isn't considered
> a hunting arm. When I hear someone who is not 2A going on about how we
> shouldn't have guns that carry X or more bullets, I think of the Brits and
> believe I would rather have what we have than that.
>
> Once upon a time I might have trusted our government to leave us alone if
> all we had were hunting rifles but that time has passed.
>

> * SLMR 2.1a * Tweety of Borg: I tawt I attimilated a Puddy Tat!

In the grand scheme of things the difference between a hunting rifle and an
assault rifle is the not in the firearm itself, but the intentions of the
person aiming and pulling the trigger.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Breaking News

<614495C4.2141.dove-gun@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=715&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#715

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: Moondog
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 02:12:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Dumas Walker - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 06:12 UTC

> All of that is true. IIRC, the Brits cannot own much that isn't considered
> a hunting arm. When I hear someone who is not 2A going on about how we
> shouldn't have guns that carry X or more bullets, I think of the Brits and
> believe I would rather have what we have than that.
>
Mo> In the grand scheme of things the difference between a hunting rifle
Mo> and an assault rifle is the not in the firearm itself, but the
Mo> intentions of the person aiming and pulling the trigger.

Indeed. As you may have heard, lacking a gun, someone went on a stabbing
rampage in NZ. They are now apparently looking into banning the sale of
assault knives.

.... DalekDOS v(overflow): (I)Obey (V)ision impaired (E)xterminate
--- MultiMail/??Unknow v0.43
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: Breaking News

<61451EAF.641.dove-firearms@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=716&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#716

From: arelor@VERT/PALANT (Arelor)
To: Dumas Walker
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 11:03:11 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Arelor - Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:03 UTC

Re: Re: Breaking News
By: Dumas Walker to Moondog on Fri Sep 17 2021 09:12 am

> > All of that is true. IIRC, the Brits cannot own much that isn't consider
> > a hunting arm. When I hear someone who is not 2A going on about how we
> > shouldn't have guns that carry X or more bullets, I think of the Brits an
> > believe I would rather have what we have than that.
>
> Mo> In the grand scheme of things the difference between a hunting rifle
> Mo> and an assault rifle is the not in the firearm itself, but the
> Mo> intentions of the person aiming and pulling the trigger.
>
> Indeed. As you may have heard, lacking a gun, someone went on a stabbing
> rampage in NZ. They are now apparently looking into banning the sale of
> assault knives.
>

> ... DalekDOS v(overflow): (I)Obey (V)ision impaired (E)xterminate

Wait until they bring forth a ban against assault stones. Completely different
from stone stones.

I am sure criminals are scared because they have not started about banning
assault sticks yet.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: Breaking News

<6145EFD3.2481.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=717&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#717

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Arelor
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 02:55:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Sat, 18 Sep 2021 06:55 UTC

Re: Re: Breaking News
By: Arelor to Dumas Walker on Fri Sep 17 2021 06:03 pm

> Re: Re: Breaking News
>
> Wait until they bring forth a ban against assault stones. Completely differe
> from stone stones.
>
> I am sure criminals are scared because they have not started about banning
> assault sticks yet.
>
> --
> gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

I don't know what it would take to eliminate the roots of violent behavior,
however I feel eventually we can teach others that blaming knives, sticks or
other items for the acts committed by the person using them is ridiculous.
Some of the most effective martial arts based on unarmed fighting originated
because knives and other items were banned.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Re: Breaking News

<61463792.643.dove-firearms@palantirbbs.ddns.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=718&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#718

From: arelor@VERT/PALANT (Arelor)
To: Moondog
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 07:01:38 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Arelor - Sat, 18 Sep 2021 12:01 UTC

Re: Re: Breaking News
By: Moondog to Arelor on Sat Sep 18 2021 09:55 am

> Re: Re: Breaking News
> By: Arelor to Dumas Walker on Fri Sep 17 2021 06:03 pm
>
> > Re: Re: Breaking News
>
> > Wait until they bring forth a ban against assault stones. Completely differe from stone stone
>
> > I am sure criminals are scared because they have not started about banning assault sticks yet
>
> > --
> > gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken
>
> I don't know what it would take to eliminate the roots of violent behavior, however I feel
> eventually we can teach others that blaming knives, sticks or other items for the acts committed
> the person using them is ridiculous. Some of the most effective martial arts based on unarmed
> fighting originated because knives and other items were banned.

There is a film in which some authoritarian regime tries to elimitate violent behavior with drugs
and mind control techniques. Most of the population dies and the rest turns into violent psycopaths
who start killing everybody.

My experience is that you never convince people. The way to push change in the eyes of the public
is to bring people into minoritary hobbies (such as target shooting or knife collection) until
there is enough people in it, with stakes in it, that it becomes resistent to political tampering.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

---
■ Synchronet ■ Palantir BBS * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL

Re: Breaking News

<61460758.2143.dove-gun@capitolcityonline.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=719&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#719

From: dumas.walker@VERT/CAPCITY2 (Dumas Walker)
To: ARELOR
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 02:26:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Dumas Walker - Sat, 18 Sep 2021 06:26 UTC

> Wait until they bring forth a ban against assault stones. Completely different
> from stone stones.

> I am sure criminals are scared because they have not started about banning
> assault sticks yet.

Or assault minivans and SUVs.

* SLMR 2.1a * "Now who's laughing?! Now who's laughing?!" - Pagans

---
� Synchronet � CAPCITY2 * capcity2.synchro.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/Rlogin/HTTP

Re: Breaking News

<614692A3.2484.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=720&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#720

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Arelor
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 14:30:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Sat, 18 Sep 2021 18:30 UTC

Re: Re: Breaking News
By: Arelor to Moondog on Sat Sep 18 2021 02:01 pm

> Re: Re: Breaking News
>

> There is a film in which some authoritarian regime tries to elimitate violen
> and mind control techniques. Most of the population dies and the rest turns
> who start killing everybody.
>
> My experience is that you never convince people. The way to push change in t
> is to bring people into minoritary hobbies (such as target shooting or knife
> there is enough people in it, with stakes in it, that it becomes resistent t
>
> --
> gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken

Any change in culture that is effective takes time and is done subtly. Just
as many other nations have been whittling away at their citizen's rights to
own firearms, they've been doing it in such a way that people who do legally
own and use firearms are viewed as being deviants.

The US has a gun culture, and instead of trying to hide it, safety and
responsibility through safety courses and shooting sports are ways to reverse
the stigma that guns only have one evil reason to exist.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Breaking News

<61B4CEB3.448.dove-firearms@jayscafe.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=766&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#766

From: jazzy.j@VERT/JAYSCAFE (Jazzy J)
To: Moondog
Subject: Breaking News
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 03:02:00 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Jazzy J - Sat, 11 Dec 2021 09:02 UTC

M> I don't know what it would take to eliminate the roots of violent
M> behavior,

Personal responsibility.

* AmyBW v2.16 *
.... "And slowly but surely they drew their plans against us."

---
� Synchronet � BayouBBS.Net, Ports 23, 6401 and 6402

Breaking News

<61B7D60E.78.dove-firearms@txnet1.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=767&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#767

From: sys64738@VERT/TXNET1 (Sys64738)
To: Jazzy J
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 10:23:58 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Sys64738 - Mon, 13 Dec 2021 16:23 UTC

Re: Breaking News
By: Jazzy J to Moondog on Sat Dec 11 2021 10:02:00

> M> I don't know what it would take to eliminate the roots of violent
> M> behavior,
>
> Personal responsibility.

Encouraging biblical morality would be a good place to start.

SYS64738

---
■ Synchronet ■ TEXNet

Breaking News

<61B904FD.2532.dove-gun@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=768&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#768

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Sys64738
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 08:56:00 -0500
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Moondog - Tue, 14 Dec 2021 13:56 UTC

Re: Breaking News
By: Sys64738 to Jazzy J on Mon Dec 13 2021 05:23 pm

> Re: Breaking News
> By: Jazzy J to Moondog on Sat Dec 11 2021 10:02:00
>
> > M> I don't know what it would take to eliminate the roots of violent
> > M> behavior,
> >
> > Personal responsibility.
>
> Encouraging biblical morality would be a good place to start.
>
> SYS64738

Sounds good, but even most of us who follow the same book do not agree what
each page says.

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net

Breaking News

<61B9F5C6.80.dove-firearms@txnet1.synchro.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=769&group=DOVE-Net.Firearms#769

From: sys64738@VERT/TXNET1 (Sys64738)
To: Moondog
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 01:03:50 -0600
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Firearms
 by: Sys64738 - Wed, 15 Dec 2021 07:03 UTC

Re: Breaking News
By: Moondog to Sys64738 on Tue Dec 14 2021 15:56:00

> > Encouraging biblical morality would be a good place to start.
>
> Sounds good, but even most of us who follow the same book do not agree what
> each page says.

Complete agreement is not necessary. There is a general theme of respect, kindness, and responsibility.

Besides that, any two people that totally agree on everything means that one of them is irrelevant. :)

SYS64738

---
■ Synchronet ■ TEXNet

dovenet / Firearms / Re: Breaking News