From: android8675@VERT/SHODAN (Android8675)
To: Nightfox
Subject: Nuked from Orbit
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 00:37:29 -0800
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Synchronet_Discussion
 by: Android8675 - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 08:37 UTC

Re: Nuked from Orbit
By: Nightfox to Android8675 on Thu Dec 22 2022 09:48 am

> Re: Nuked from Orbit
> By: Android8675 to All on Wed Dec 21 2022 02:41 pm
>
> An> So I nuked my system to get rid of the crypto miner that was squatting and I could not get rid of. He's gone, I'm happy.
> An> Restoring my system... where's my data folder?!
>
> Which data folder are you referring to? Linux user data folder? That's normally in /home/<your-username>
> In Windows, it's normally in C:\Users\<your-username>

Was being facitious, I forgot to back it up like a tool, so yeah, /sbbs/data, gone. Not a BIG deal, but my userbase is gone which is sad. I'm tempted to pull apart my old system which is dead, spin up the drives and see if I can find my old data files. They are on a Virtualbox HD image somewhere. I'm pretty sure I could easily extract the files with a little patience. In the meantime my board is on an odd port now shodanscore.com:8086 (telnet). I think ssh is still blocked, but I'm debating opening it back up. Webv4 is working at https://bbs.shodanscore.com.

I need to time travel so I can find some time to work on it without sacrificing my other time.

-A.

---
■ Synchronet ■ Shodan's Core @ ShodansCore.com

dovenet / Synchronet Discussion / Nuked from Orbit