7 May, 2024: fms is rebuilding. Don't expect much in that section for quite a few days, maybe longer.

dovenet / Entertainment / Re: Series reboots

SubjectAuthor
* Series rebootsMoondog
+* Series rebootsMRO
|`* Series rebootsMoondog
| `* Series rebootsMRO
|  `* Series rebootsMoondog
|   `* Series rebootsMRO
|    `* Series rebootsMoondog
|     `* Series rebootsMRO
|      `* Series rebootsMoondog
|       `* Series rebootsMRO
|        `* Series rebootsMoondog
|         `- Series rebootsMRO
+* Series rebootsPhigan
|+* Series rebootsMRO
||`* Series rebootsPhigan
|| `- Series rebootsMRO
|`* Series rebootsMoondog
| `* Series rebootsMRO
|  `* Series rebootsMoondog
|   `* Series rebootsMRO
|    `* Series rebootsMoondog
|     `- Series rebootsMRO
`* Re: Series rebootsTracker1
 +* Re: Series rebootsMoondog
 |`* Re: Series rebootsTracker1
 | `- Re: Series rebootsMoondog
 `- Re: Series rebootspoindexter FORTRAN

Pages:12
Re: Series reboots

<6306A00C.33867.dove-ent@roughneckbbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=659&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#659

From: tracker1@VERT/TRN (Tracker1)
To: Moondog
Subject: Re: Series reboots
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 08:02:52 -0700
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Tracker1 - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 15:02 UTC

On 8/22/22 10:46, Moondog wrote:
>> Six Million Dollar Man... probably rebooted as simply "Bionic". Main
>> point would be to have a positive male role model, so slightly different
>> than the original (less womanizing), but overall the same tone...
>> Military hero, test pilot, accident, works for govt/spy, etc.
>
> About 15 years ago there was a Bionic Woman redo that didn't run long, but
> around 97 I recall a reboot where it was supposed be Austin's son that gets
> injured and enlisted to get the cybernetic implants. Instead of just
> replacing an arm and legs without consideration how the rest of the body is
> massively under spec to handle the stresses of lifting engine blocks and
> leaping 20 feet, the new procedure involved flooding the body with nanobots wh
> ich in turn fuse to the spinal and nervous system to create the neural
> network, and more nanobots which bond to the bone and muscles to enhance
> strength and durability.

It was a made for TV movie... been (re)watching Six Million Dollar Man
piecemeal the past couple months... once I get through Bionic Woman
going to do the TV movies.

They recently did a US BluRay release of Six Million Dollar Man and the
Bionic Woman is out in a month or so... will probably rip/encode from
the newer source and continue watching from that.
--
Michael J. Ryan - tracker1@roughneckbbs.com
---

Re: Series reboots

<6307969C.12914.dove-ent@cavebbs.homeip.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/dovenet/article-flat.php?id=662&group=DOVE-Net.Entertainment#662

From: moondog@VERT/CAVEBBS (Moondog)
To: Tracker1
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 04:34:00 -0400
Newsgroups: DOVE-Net.Entertainment
 by: Moondog - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 08:34 UTC

Re: Re: Series reboots
By: Tracker1 to Moondog on Wed Aug 24 2022 03:02 pm

> On 8/22/22 10:46, Moondog wrote:
> >> Six Million Dollar Man... probably rebooted as simply "Bionic". Main
> >> point would be to have a positive male role model, so slightly different
> >> than the original (less womanizing), but overall the same tone...
> >> Military hero, test pilot, accident, works for govt/spy, etc.
> >
> > About 15 years ago there was a Bionic Woman redo that didn't run long, but
> > around 97 I recall a reboot where it was supposed be Austin's son that get
> > injured and enlisted to get the cybernetic implants. Instead of just
> > replacing an arm and legs without consideration how the rest of the body i
> > massively under spec to handle the stresses of lifting engine blocks and
> > leaping 20 feet, the new procedure involved flooding the body with nanobot
> > ich in turn fuse to the spinal and nervous system to create the neural
> > network, and more nanobots which bond to the bone and muscles to enhance
> > strength and durability.
>
> It was a made for TV movie... been (re)watching Six Million Dollar Man
> piecemeal the past couple months... once I get through Bionic Woman
> going to do the TV movies.
>
> They recently did a US BluRay release of Six Million Dollar Man and the
> Bionic Woman is out in a month or so... will probably rip/encode from
> the newer source and continue watching from that.
> --
> Michael J. Ryan - tracker1@roughneckbbs.com

I haven't watched much in reruns, but i recall the Bigfoot episodes, the Mars
probe and it's successor, and the story arc where people were being replaced
by robots. The robots were dead ringers, except they were heavy AF. that
was their giveaway.

I recall Andre the Giant as the first Bigfoot, and wasn't the second time he
appeared played by Ted Cassidy?

---
■ Synchronet ■ The Cave BBS - Since 1992 - cavebbs.homeip.net